The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Bye Bye again

(16 posts)
  • Started 12 years ago by Brigitte Gant
  • Latest reply from Barbara Stone

No tags yet.

1. Brigitte Gant

I am off again to the Fatherland on Sunday to spend a week with my Mum. With a bit of luck I shall be taking a ride out to Wuppertal with her. Just hope the weather is favourable on the crossing.
    Be good and look after yourselves while I am away.

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. 140559

Have a great time with your Mum. We must meet up again when you get back. Alison xxx

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. Barbara Stone

Have a lovely time. Speak to you soon. Barbara

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. Brigitte Gant

Hi, folks, I am back in sunny Bedfordshire. Despite the awful weather through Holland and Belgium the journey back was not bad.
    I had a lovely week with my Mum and caught up with a couple of friends, too. My Mum even ventured out and came for a drive to Wuppertal to meet the folks at V&H. They made her so welcome and she had a really good look around. At lunch time we took a slow walk to the Kornmühle for a delicious lunch. Fortunately that day the weather was just right so we could really enjoy the day.
    Unfortunately there is always a lot to catch up with upon return, so I cannot believe that this week is coming to a speedy close.

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. Barbara Stone

Really glad you enjoyed your holiday Brigitte, and that your mum enjoyed her time with the folks at V&H. I take it your're boasting about Sunny Bedfordshire. You ought to try living in Bristol - its been blowing a gale for the last six days and raining on each and every one of them as well. Still, its been ideal weather for staying indoors and sewing. Shame I haven't done so!!!

Posted 12 years ago #
  6. 140559

Sunny Bedfordshire? Where's that? I live about ten miles away in Hertfordshire and I wouldn't call it sunny?

Posted 12 years ago #
  7. 140559

Ignore ? And replace with ! ,

Posted 12 years ago #
  8. Well I don't know what your weather is like today, but here in Weymouth the sun is now starting to shine down on Portland Harbour and the sea looks lovely ands calm. I must admit that it is slightly different from last Monday when I could hardly open the door as the wind was so strong and across the Harbour the sea was so Rough.But sorry Barbara our gales only lasted about two days and then we had more sunshine. I just hope that todays weather lasts a bit longer.

Sally

Posted 12 years ago #
  9. Jean Strange

Well here in Berkshire today has been overcast but a bit warm and sticky. Not very nice at all. The first part of the week we had cloud bursts and sunshine on the same day! Hoping for some better weather next week.

Posted 12 years ago #
  10. Barbara Stone

I've been working in the loft this afternoon, the sky has been a really dark grey, its still blowing half a gale, and its been raining. However its been so humid today, I haven't known what to wear. So its been T shirt and add or remove layers. They forecast more gales as the end of the last hurricane hits us, on Monday, so I shall not be rotovating the allotment on that particular day. Hope you all have a really good weekend.

Posted 12 years ago #
  11. Brigitte Gant

Thanks, Barbara. I am just hoping it stays dry tomorrow. We are off to Glouceste at 7 am to pick up Lorelie and Jonas to take them to Bibury to the trout farm. All Summer they have been on for Grandad to take them fishing. Time restraints mean both have to be taken on the same day, so I am allowed to come along, as Grandad needs the loo more often than Omama these days, and little ones cannot be left alone.
    My local lot returned from their hols in Holland today. It's daughter and sil's wedding anniversary tomorrow so I simply had to go and see them today as not able to do so tomorrow. I don't know if Elias was more pleased to see me or my handbag, which got unpacked and repacked to a fashion several times.

Posted 12 years ago #
  12. Barbara Stone

Today we've had the weather they forecast for yesterday, so I wonder if we're going to get todays tomorrow (if you understood that). Lets hope the weather stays nice and dry so you can enjoy Bibury, and the children don't fall in the water, so they can stay nice and dry as well. Take care.

Posted 12 years ago #
  13. Brigitte Gant

Glad to report that nobody fell in. Just as well, as DH forgot to put the old towels in the car. Great day. I rambled on about it in another topic. Sorry.

Posted 12 years ago #
  14. Doris

Barbara, dear, sweetie, light of my world,
    "rotovating an allottment" now I know what *an* means, and I know *allottment*, but what in blazes does *rotovating* mean? Sounds like something you do to your garden each spring. lol I'm an English major, and yet y'all confuses me.

Posted 12 years ago #
  15. Hi Doris
    A rotovator is like a little plough that you walk behind as it turns your soil over.
    They usually have small petrol engines (like a lawm mower) to make them a bit easier to use.
    Hope that helps
    Helen

Posted 12 years ago #
  16. Barbara Stone

Thankyou for enlightening Doris, Helen. Correct in all respects except that mine you have to walk backwards as you do it, otherwise it runs away with you. And I got my onion bed and the new raspberry bed done yesterday, by my much beloved. I think he secretly did enjoy himself, so today I've been stringing beans before freezing them, and making blackberry and apple jam (all home grown) Having done that, I might now get a chance to do some sewing.

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.