The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Shopping

(26 posts)
  • Started 12 years ago by Doris
  • Latest reply from Helen Hawkins-Ainsley

No tags yet.

1. Hi Alison

I've sent you an email with lots of details, but incase any one else is interested I thought I'd give you a few ideas of prices.My jacket that I am so fond of cost me approx. £150 and was worth every penny. I also bought a lovely leather bag which has also had a great deal of use that was about £75, but of course there were cheaper items and of course more expensive ones.Small Hardanger kits started around £4.60 depending on where you bought them. Food of course is a bit more expensive but our evening meal is provided at the Hotel and you can spend as little or as much for the meals that are not included.I hope that this helps some of you who have not been before. Yes I think that Credit Cards are exceptable, but it depends which ones you use as to whether the bank charges commission on the exchange.

Sally

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. Barbara Stone

Good grief Sally, how on earth do you remember such details from so long ago? I have enough trouble trying to remember how much I paid for Persil, last time I bought it. Seriously though Alison, I bought my jumper that I've only worn once with my credit card (Visa) and I don't think they actually charged me too much in commission. When we do go away, I try and take at least £50.00 in cash just because I know I will have enough if I have an unexpected bill before I can get to a cash machine. Hope that helps. (Also, if you've got cash you can give help to others who haven't got any)

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. 140559

Thank you Sally and Barbara for that. I've thought of something else though! I'm sure that someone who doesn't have my drug addled brain will be able to tell me what currency do they use? Have both Norway and Denmark joined the Euro or do they still use Norwegian and Danish Krone? Alison xx

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. Barbara Stone

It's Krone dear. The currency with the hole in the middle!! (And if you see them, you'll understand)

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. 140559

Thank you my dear! I could make a necklace with them then!

Posted 12 years ago #
  6. Hi Alison

It's Krone for both countries & plastic payment is widely accepted
    Wearing your money round your neck is a good idea - then you won't lose it

Don't talk about hairdressers - I'd love to have a good reason to go to one again

Helen

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.