The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Where is everyone?

(40 posts)

No tags yet.

1. Su Maddocks

Hello ladies
    I don't often write on here but love reading all your chatter and envy the fact that you have met each other on holidays or stitching days at Pinks - I have only managed one stitching day so far, so have met a few people, but hope to put more names to faces in November in Scotland. I too love Harry Potter and Jane Austin. I used to commute from Devon to Swindon to work and have the books on CD so I could "read" as I drove - it's now my answer to "do I read or do I stitch?" and I sit happily doing both ! Harry Potter read by Stephen Fry is simply superb - especially if one has seen the films as he does all the voices so seamlessly. Look forward to meeting some of you soon - Su

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. 140559

I'm lying on my bed feeling sicker and sicker. The man with the trolley should be here soon to take me down to theater. I love Harry Potter although as first was dtermined not to! Hope to speak to you all later, providing the scalpel doesn't slip. Alison xx

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Alison

Don't say things like that, even as a joke! (shakes head, shocked to the core).....

Cab.

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Su

Biggest treat I can imagine is to listen to Stephen Fry reading Harry Potter, starting at Book 1, CD 1, and continuing until the very end. Bliss.

(I'm sad enough to have worked out how many CDs and hours of listening there are in the whole 7 books, but not so sad that I can remember the figures - it's a H*** of a lot of listening !!!)

Christine

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. Barbara Stone

Alison, I know I'm not the only one keeping my fingers crossed for you, so no joking about fingers slipping. Please ladies, think of poor Alison undergoing surgery probably even as I type this. I know she's worried about the op, so if we all pour positive thoughts towards the Royal Free, I know she'll feel a lot better. Thanks everybody.

Posted 12 years ago #
  6. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Shed-loads of postive thoughts on their way.......

Posted 12 years ago #
  7. Brigitte Gant

Just pipped mme to asking to keep fingers crossed for Alison. I am even crossing my legs - and no, not because I need to go somewhere. Mobile is on to receive news.

Posted 12 years ago #
  8. Fingers crossed here too and loads of positive thoughts. I think all our mobiles are on waiting for news.

Sally

Posted 12 years ago #
  9. Barbara Stone

Still waiting, both for news and for my washing machine to be repaired. Well, what else can you do on your day off? If I hear anything, I'll put it on here.

Posted 12 years ago #
  10. 140559

I'm lying on my bed feeling sicker and sicker. The man with the trolley should be here soon to take me down to theater. I love Harry Potter although as first was dtermined not to! Hope to speak to you all later, providing the scalpel doesn't slip. Alison xx

Posted 12 years ago #
  11. Brigitte Gant

Alison is back in the land of the conscious, but perhaps a little confused. Never mind, she has a good excuse, having had surgery. Alas, I cannot find a good excuse for my muddled state of mind.

Get yourself a speedily recovered, friend.

Posted 12 years ago #
  12. Barbara Stone

Did you know that if you want to buy all the CD's of Stephen Fry reading Harry Potter from Book 1, it will cost you mega bucks - e.g. over £300! Don't think I can afford that and go to Scotland, Norway etc.etc., Glad to hear that Alison is back in the land of the living.

Posted 12 years ago #
  13. Su Maddocks

Hi Christine - the last Harry Potter book was on 20 CD's and cost a frightful £60 but I received it as one of my retirement gifts - I was very grateful to receive it but kept thinking how much linen etc I could have got with the money !

Posted 12 years ago #
  14. 140559

Slowly feeling more normal. Headache not too bad. Neurostimulator is working but needs further playing is needed. Bad bit is I'm having more surgery on Tuesday so I think I'm stuck here till next weekend at leasts. All thoughts/otters/crossed digits welcome. I might try to stitch later, we'll see how it goes. Alison zxx

Posted 12 years ago #
  15. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Hi Alison

Good to see that you are feeling up to posting on the forum. Bit of a bummer about having to have more surgery, but you know we are all rootin' for you!

Christine

Posted 12 years ago #
  16. Barbara Stone

Hllo Alison, Glad to know that the elves have finally got the equipment working, and you're not feeling too bad. Everything will be crossed for Tuesday but I'm sure that it will all be okay and you'll soon be up and about and stitching like there is no tomorrow. Just keep the thoughts of Norway in your head, and you'll be fine. Take care and we'll all be thinking of you. Much love.

Posted 12 years ago #
  17. 140559

Hi everyone migraine is going away ans I hope it doesn't come back. Might mange a littlle stitching later. Just had dinner and sm guessing that meat was pork by the presence of apple sauce! Next surgery is booked for Tuesday so should be home a couple of days later. Alison xxx ps just been told I have an infection :-(

Posted 12 years ago #
  18. Doris

Hi y'all. I haven't been on in awhile due to this dernnnn depression stint. This one was worse than I've had in years. But, like our hurricanes, it finally blew through and everyone here is still alive.
    Barbara, you asked what I did on weekends to relax. The same as I do during the week. I'm retired, so basically I'm lazy. I get up, stitch a couple of hours, then do whatever is necessary. LOL You know, like boss hubby around, go to the grocery store and buy things I'm not supposed to eat. I also spend time regretting that I don't live closer to y'all.
    My needlework shop here changed owners. This was a change for the better (much much). The last owners lost a lot of custom, including me.
    Guess I better cease my gab. Love you all.
    Doris

Posted 12 years ago #
  19. Hi Doris

Good to hear from you.It won't be long now before we are all on the coach again laughing and joking with each other as though we have never been apart.

I had a spell when I couldn't do any stitching, but am making up for it now. Yes its a shame that you are so far away, but at least we can get to chat on the forum and it's lovely as no one seems to mind what any one has to say, we just take it all in our stride. Well here's to you Doris see you in April.

Sally

Posted 12 years ago #
  20. Barbara Stone

Hi Doris, and glad to hear that you're still with us. I'm so busy with C&G work at the moment, that I've not been able to do much stitching lately. We're looking forward to seeing you again in April, cos the holiday's getting nearer with each day that passes.
    Look forward to hearing from you again soon.

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.