The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Scotland trip

(39 posts)
  • Started 12 years ago by Christine Berrett
  • Latest reply from Andrea Thompson

No tags yet.

1. Barbara Stone

I'm so glad you're coming with us. Only 6 more sleeps Yippeeee!!!

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. Brigitte Gant

I hope you will all have a brilliant time. Wished I could be with you on that trip, but DH has a milestone birthday and a family lunch is planned, I don't think I would be very popular if I shot off on coach tour with you.

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

5 sleeps (and counting)....

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. Barbara Stone

4 sleeps (and still counting.)

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

To be sung to the tune of "One man went to mow".....

One more sleep to go.
    One more sleep to go-oh.
    Only one more sleep to go.
    One more sleep to go-oh!

Posted 12 years ago #
  6. Barbara Stone

Thank you Christine, that's in my head now, and won't go away. See you tomorrow.

Posted 12 years ago #
  7. Brigitte Gant

I hope you all have a fabulous time. Say hello to Malcolm from me. We are off to Gloucester tomorrow to have a family lunch at a hotel in honour of DH's 70th. (I did manage to get the angler framed this morning) Jane simply will have to repeat this tour next year, so the likes of Alison and myself can enjoy the Scottish treats as well.

Posted 12 years ago #
  8. Oh Mrs. Berrett dearest - I could worry about you.

Okay then, you are all off today - in fact some probably on the coach and on the move right now - all giggly and silly then - let's sing verse two - same tune - all together now:

Christine's lost the plot
    Lost the plot and s-oh
    Let her sit upon her bum
    And stitch away til her fingers are numb
    To restore her sanity o-oh .......

Happy weekend - (could there be any doubt!)

Posted 12 years ago #
  9. Barbara Stone

Your dearest wish has been granted. Jane has promised to repeat the tour next year, going to different places in Scotland. Start saving your pennies now.

Posted 12 years ago #
  10. 140559

Thank you Jane, I'm going to do my best to be all fixed by then. Can't wait to hear all about this year's trip.

Alison xxx

Posted 12 years ago #
  11. Hi Everyone

I had an absolutely marvellous trip to Scotland but that wasn't enough for me I decided that I needed another trip and ended up flat on my face in Jane's garden dripping blood every where from a cut on my forehead. Jane was wonderful and patched me up and sent me on my way. On the way home it decided to start bleeding every so often, so when we were nearly home we popped into Dorchester hospital where a Doctor patched me up again. I now have a lovely black eye once again. I am OK but feeling silly to have done such a thing yet again. We really did have a great time and I have lots of photos to pass on to those of you whose Emails I have. I will sent them soon when I am feeling brighter.Love to all Sally

Posted 12 years ago #
  12. Su Maddocks

Oh Sally - so sorry to hear about your fall - hope the black eye fades soon and that you didn't mess up Jane's garden too much !Yes it was a super trip wasn't it? It was so lovely putting names to faces - they do say that strangers are often the friends we haven't met yet......roll on the next one. Take care Sally xxxxx

Posted 12 years ago #
  13. Barbara Stone

Oh Sally you poor thing. Hope everything heals up really quickly. Actually, you're the second person in the guild to fall over this weekend, cos Helen McRobbie went base over apex in her back garden, and has bruised all her knees. What is it about guild members who can't stay upright? But the weekend was absolutely marvellous wasn't it, and I can't wait for the next trip (sorry thats a bit insensitive) the next holiday.

Posted 12 years ago #
  14. Jean Strange

Oh Sally how awfull hope you feel better soon. I would love to see the photographs as I can't go on these trips because they are in term time and I can't find a reason to make it a fact finding tour for stitch club or anything else my head would accept as an excuse. My e-mail is jean_strange@sky.com
    Jean

Posted 12 years ago #
  15. Ruth Harrison

Sally so very sorry to hear about your fall, but you must remember to add more water to your refreshments next time, but do hope you are now on the mend. Not that you are the only one, my sister will vouch for me on this. Give me an opportunity and I will fall over/under or into anything. Whilst crossing the road on a Cyprus holiday Helen says "look out for the dip in the road","What dip in the road says I and promptly fall in it". The next few minutes resemble a Monty Python sketch of her trying to get me back on my feet whilst not getting run over by passing cars. You really had to be there to see it. My knees are a mass of scars.
    Glad you all had a great time in bonnie Scotland, did anyone happen to see the ever illusive haggis or the lesser spotted skirt wearer (kilt wearer for the non Scottish amongst you)? Men in skirts complete with knobbly knees, oohh hum make me go all week at my knees. I think it must be all the immagining about what they do or don't wear under the kilt. I digress, must go and get cold shower.

Posted 12 years ago #
  16. Hi Ruth

We missed you and your sister in Scotland.Sorry to hear that you also had a fall fortunately mine was at the end of the weekend and not too far from home.You make it sound very comical but I'm sure that you didn't feel that way at the time.I hope that you are now feeling better. I have two lovely black eyes and a very sore head,but hopefully it can only get better.Look forward to seeing you in the future. Sally

Posted 12 years ago #
  17. Ruth Harrison

At the time Sally I did not feel so good, but when I look back now it does appear rather comical. Will being seeing you for the Norway trip in 2012, although on my own. Helen will not be with me this time. We will both be at the Christmas stitching day, so if you are there it will be great to catch up and see all the photo's.

Posted 12 years ago #
  18. I'm afraid that I will not be on the christmas stitching day. It is too far for me to travel for one day,but I will bring the photos to Norway.I'm sorry that Helen will not be joining us. Sally

Posted 12 years ago #
  19. Andrea Thompson

Hi Sally,..
    Sorry to hear about your trip :-(
    hope the bruising subsides quickly or all your friends will want to know what kind of weekend you really went on! I suggest telling them it was a cage fighting taster session. :-)
    see you soon
    Andrea

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.