The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Norway

(51 posts)
  • Started 12 years ago by Helen Hawkins-Ainsley
  • Latest reply from Christine Berrett

Tags:

1. Doris

Hi, y'all. You forgot me. :(.... Have my flight to London, my hotel reservations for the Thistle Westminster hotel so I'll see Helen and Alison there; a new suitcase, (don't tell Malcomb, my bags last year nearly broke his back)saved my wore out undies to use hoping I don't have to go to hospital and be seen, read up on Norway's history and know I have to get my grandkids a troll. Will be getting to London on the 13th and plan on going to Mrs Kibble's candy store on the 14th. That is soooo too coooool!

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. Barbara Stone

So sorry Doris, how could we forget you? Looking forward to seeing you again.

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. 54 sleeps (& 1 Scout Camp) to go
    I can only count about 14 bods (+ Jane & Bill) - that doesn't make a full coach!!!!!
    For those who went last time Mick is coming with us as well

Barbara I haven't had a final bill either

Hopefully I'll see Alison & Doris at breakfast on the Sunday, otherwise I'll be meeting them on a street corner somewhere.

Helen

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. Barbara Stone

Just had a severe shock - went to buy my travel insurance for Norway (yes I know its a bit late) and got quoted a price, £22.50 - which seemed a bit high, but when they asked if I had any medical conditions, and I had to confess to the diabetes, they quoted me an extra £52.55!!!! Gobsmacked or what? Have now managed to acquire insurance at a much lower fee, but I am still severely shocked over that price. Moral of the story for everybody - Shop around. Keep smiling. Incidentally, I still only know of 18 for definite that are coming. Who else is going to be on this coach?

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. Hi Barbara, Thanks for reminding me. I've just had a quote of over £100 from one insurance. Went to another and managed to get it for £29.which was the same with or without my medical conditions. I hope that you've sorted something out now. See you at the weekend. Sally

Posted 12 years ago #
  6. Barbara Stone

Spoke to Jane on Friday when I was booking for a day trip to Swindon, and she was hoping to get the bills for Norway out yesterday (Sunday) or today (Monday). That bill is going to be dropping through the letter box any day now.

Posted 12 years ago #
  7. Hi

Think is 47 sleeps now

Scout Camp was a nice dry mild weekend - much better than the snow of the last 2 years

Got the bill yesterday

Sally who did you get your insurance with?

Hope you all have a good weekend in Swindown (can't join you)

Helen

Posted 12 years ago #
  8. Hi Helen, Insurance is with LV(Liverpool and Victoria) tel: 0845 640 5190, Hope this helps you.I was with them last year also.See you soon. Sally

Posted 12 years ago #
  9. Ruth Harrison

Lucky me this year my holiday insurance is free. If you bank with Nationwide and have over a certain amount paid into your account each month then European holiday insurance is free regardless of prior medical conditions. Last year only Helen was lucky with this, but they have recently dropped the required amount per month limit and I qualify. Yippee. Glad to here Doris all booked in and lucky you at the Thistle Westminster, you will only have to yawn stretch and drop your bags out of the window and you will be at the meeting place. Counting down the sleeps.
    Ruth

Posted 12 years ago #
  10. Barbara Stone

If anybody wants to try Insure and Go, that's who I got my insurance through, and they were only £18.50 or thereabouts, and that includes the extra money for sending a copy of the policy through. I was quite impressed with that price, after being quoted over £75.00 by the Post Office.

Posted 12 years ago #
  11. Thanks Sally for the insurance tip
    I got joint cover for £40 & that was no extra for Mick & his bad back
    5 weeks Sunday or 39 sleeps
    Can't wait

Posted 12 years ago #
  12. It's only 17 sleeps now - getting really excited

Posted 12 years ago #
  13. Barbara Stone

Well, I've finished my course for the next couple of weeks, and the next one after that will be while i'm on the course. So its within touching distance now. However, word of warning to those who still have to get their currency. Pat Garrett and I have both been to Post Offices to get our currency, and been told that due to the economic downturn ??? they are only stocking euros and dollars, and anything else has to be ordered. So if you normally get your currency from the Post Office, make sure you order it early, cos if you leave it to the last minute, you might not get it. And don't forget you're going to need some Danish kroner as well as Norwegian. Not too much, according to Jane, but still enough to buy food.

Posted 12 years ago #
  14. Janet L

Might just be a problem in your area re Norweigan Kroner. My sister has not had any problems in Stirling. I intend to get mine on Monday so will let you know if I meet any problems in Glasgow.

Has anyone received an itinery yet? Alison and I are meeting the coach in London this time and would like to know a time fairly soon.

Posted 12 years ago #
  15. It's just lovely to read all your comments on Norway. I'm not going but it's such a treat to feel part of your excitement as you gear yourselves up ready for it. I sincerely wish you all such a lovely time. Brenda X

Posted 12 years ago #
  16. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Seconded!

Cab. x

Posted 12 years ago #
  17. Me too, enjoy xx

Posted 12 years ago #
  18. Not got an itinery yet, but we are getting on the coach in London. Going down on Saturday & staying over near the pick up point
    Only 2 weeks now
    Helen

Posted 12 years ago #
  19. Barbara Stone

Janet L. Pat lives in Norfolk and I live in Bristol. Don't think its just my area, if Pats having problems as well, with the Post Office. Anyway, looking forward to seeing everybody on the coach. I got home from London today, and found my info from Jane on the mat, so I can now officially get excited.

Posted 12 years ago #
  20. Hi Everyone, I got my Kroners at Dorchester on Friday and had no problems at all. I think it must just be in certain areas as the lady at the Post Office said that she had not heard of any problems. See you all on the coach. Sally

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.