The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Norway

(51 posts)
  • Started 12 years ago by Helen Hawkins-Ainsley
  • Latest reply from Christine Berrett

Tags:

1. Janet L

Said I would let you know how I got on getting currency. The post office I used does not stock Kroner! I was able to order and it will come tomorrow. I think it might be to do with the size and location of the post office. I went to the local one in Bearsden. If I had gone to the big one in town I think they would have them in stock.

Anyone having difficulty with the post office can get currency at M and S. They are doing about the same rates and no commission on returned currency too. Same as the post office. You can also order from both online and have it delivered!

Getting quite excited now. Shame I have to go back to work tomorrow (been on leave) got quite alot of stitiching done today! So am trying to finish the biscornu from the Scottish weekend in the autumn last year.

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. Barbara Stone

Went to the Post office to get the currency which I hadn't got earlier, and then found out that they hadn't got it after all, so I cancelled it, and got it from M&S cos their rates were better. However the lady in the Post office, after grovelling and apologising profusely, said that as they were a major travel bureau they would normally carry kroner for both countries, but they were out of it after a major problem with their computer, but smaller post offices would not normally stock it as they are having to cut down on the amount of different currencies they carry. Euros and dollars would be the only ones they would carry, so thats that little anomoly sorted out. Not too many sleeps to go now!!

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. 140559

Still stuck in hospital so made the very hard decision yesterday to cancel the trip. I am so gutted and left it till the last minute but, with a week to go I'm still on iv antibiotics and have an open wound on my neck, so I don't think things are going to improve quickly enough. I'm very upset by all of this but hope to hear all about it. I really am so envious of you all and hope you all have an outstandind time. Love Alison xxx

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. Doris

Allison, I am so sorry to hear this. My prayers are with you.

Hugs, doris

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. Hi Alison
    So sorry to hear to you're not going to be joining us for Norway
    Love & hugs to you, hoping you're soon on the road to recovery
    Helen

Posted 12 years ago #
  6. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Bon Voyage to everyone going to Norway!

Posted 12 years ago #
  7. Su Maddocks

Hi to everyone going to Norway - I met some of you on the Scotland trip last November and discovered what a mad (yet pretty super ) group you are. I just wanted to wish you all a fabulous time and will look forward to reading all your forum chatter when you return. Safe journey and gather more SABLE as you go !! Su x

Posted 12 years ago #
  8. Sandra Harris

Safe journey and happy stitching to all who are going to Norway. There is a saying here in Wales when the boys go on a rugby tour that 'what goes on tour stays on tour' but I for one can't wait to find out what you've all been up to and what you've bought.

Good Luck everyone
    Sandra

Posted 12 years ago #
  9. Andrea Thompson

Ohhh is it today you all go?
    Have a fab time!

Posted 12 years ago #
  10. Barbara Stone

Andrea, tomorrow we all head for our various pick up points and board the Cross Stitch Express with the lovely Malcolm at the wheel. We;ll let you know what we did when we get back. However, I woke up at 3.00am, dreaming that Jane had just phoned me and told me I was late for the coach!! Do you think I'm anxious about being late?

Posted 12 years ago #
  11. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Classic anxiety dream, Barbara!

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.