The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Big HELLO

(10 posts)
  • Started 12 years ago by MORTON
  • Latest reply from Jean Strange

No tags yet.

1. MORTON

Hi to all. I am new to the forum and just wanted to say whoop! Whoop! I'm in :-)

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. Barbara Stone

And you're very welcome to this mad bunch of stitchers. (And I count myself among the maddest.) You'll soon be comig to guild functions and really enjoying yourself.

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. Not only mad - she can't spell either - 'comig' - wot's 'comig' Barbara?

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. Brigitte Gant

Welcome from sunny South Bedfordshire. Yes, we are a touch mad, but lovely with it.
    The spelling goes off a bit sometimes as fingers go faster than brain a lot these days. Sometimes I forget to switch over the kez board from English to German and then the ys and the zs are all in the wrong place. Ah, well, happz stitching to zou all!!!!

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. Barbara Stone

If you were a lady Brenda, you wouldn't mention my spelling errors. This computer has got a mind of its own when it comes to spelling, and I have real problems with it.(especially as its got an american vocabulary as well, and puts z's where I put s's) But I'm glad Brigitte has problems as well. We both know that the brain goes a lot quicker than the keyboard, and doesn't always catch up quickly enough. Anyway thats my excuse and I'm sticking with it.

Posted 12 years ago #
  6. Jean Strange

Well I don't think a few minor spelling mistakes are a problem. I recently had an e-mail from one of our govenors, who is a highly qualified person in their field, and well, I couldn't even guess what some of the words were!! We have come to the conclusion that she definately types faster than her brain works and are convinced that she never reads what she types. At least here we can understand what we are trying to say even if there are a few "slips" now and then. What do they matter amongst friends?

Posted 12 years ago #
  7. 140559

It makes it all the more interesting too. Now I've put my red pen away (green in my lat school as red is aggressive ?) there's far more important things to worry about! Welcome to the group! Xx

Posted 12 years ago #
  8. We love you dearly Barbara - I was actually waiting for you to come back and say you'd found my spelling error in another thread.

As for being a lady! - I have never made claims to being one of those - I do know my limitations; sadly I fall short on many counts (but thankfully not often when counting with stitching).

You are all off to Scotland tomorrow; I can just picture you all together on the coach; hope Malcolm has got his headache pills with him. Have a fun time.

Posted 12 years ago #
  9. Barbara Stone

Thank you Brenda, we love you too. Actually I should be a better typist than I am, cos I was a secretary/p.a. in another existance before cross stitch, so I should be able to keep up to speed with spelling and typing, but as I said, my brain works faster than my fingers can keep up, so thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it. We'll think about you when we're up in the Highlands, (and before anybody can say it, I know that Glasgow isn't in the Highlands), but anyway we'll be thinking of all those who should be on the coach, but can't be.

Posted 12 years ago #
  10. Jean Strange

Yes Alison we don't use red either. The last intruction I remember was contrast to children but not red so have marked in pink, purple all sorts. Makes for colourfull books!!

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.