The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Motorway Mayhem

(5 posts)
  • Started 12 years ago by Andrea Thompson
  • Latest reply from Barbara Stone

No tags yet.

1. Andrea Thompson

Hi all,

All from Scotland now but managed to postpone the return to normality by taking today (Tuesday) off work too.

I found out about the M5 crash and fire on the Saturday evening when I saw the news. So awful. I really feel for all the people who were caught up in that. And their loved ones. Then on Monday the lorry that fell onto the M56!

When I got dropped off at Knutsford services Christine's husband picked us up and drove me back up the M6 to where I live in Lymm. On the way up we saw signs saying the M56 was shut at junction 11.
    This particular junction is extremely well known to me. It's where I work! the offices I work in are on a business park at that motorway junction. I got in touch with my boss and asked what was going on. He hadn't heard anything about it. I've since discovered that it hadn't long happened when we saw those signs.

If you haven't heard, it seems a lorry crashed from the roundabout over the top of the motorway onto the M56 itself below. Another terrifying scenario!

Just bizarre for two incidents of this severity to happen so close together. Or maybe these types of things happen a lot and I just don't hear about it?

About 6pm that evening I had a phone call from a frantic friend who was lost somewhere in Runcorn. She works in North Wales, and lives in South Manchester. A long commute to work, but motorway all the way and usually only takes her about 50 minutes. She'd left work at 4pm, and by 6pm she was aimlessly driving around runcorn though masses of traffic which had been diverted off the motorway. She eventually got home at 8pm.

Just crazy stuff.

I assume that Malcolm and the coach made it back to Fairford safely. I've not been on a trip with Malcolm driving before and I was soooooo impressed by how good a driver he is. The trip through Kirkstone pass in particular!

Roll on the next trip! Alas my pennies won't stretch to Normay this time round but I hope to see everyone again soon!

Andrea

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. Barbara Stone

Andrea. where's Normay? Is it anywhere near Speden? Sorry, thought I'd get that one in before Brenda did. Tee Hee.

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. Oy you Barbara Stone - I've just read this.....(and must confess I immediately laughed). Love Brenda

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. Andrea Thompson

Normay... ahhh I was so close to getting it right!
    :-)

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. Barbara Stone

Don't worry Andrea, we still love you, and my computer doesn't spell right either.

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.