The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Hardanger for the Horrified

(15 posts)
  • Started 12 years ago by Su Maddocks
  • Latest reply from Jean Strange

No tags yet.

1. Su Maddocks

Have just crawled out of bed after being felled by a dose of flu.....no stitching for days and full of self pity....and there smiling at me from the mat was this wonderful book.....just loads and loads of lovely lushness - bless you Jane for proverbially kissing me better Su x

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. Pam D

Hi Su,
    Here I am searching to work out how to order Hardanger for the Horrified and I see your message pop up. Hope you are feeling better soon. Just curl up and study the book with a hot toddy. Pam D

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. Su Maddocks

Hey Pam sounds a good plan to me x

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. 140559

I got mine too! Wish I could remember how to get it from my pc to my iPad though! Alison xxx

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. Janet Nicholl

I've got mine too.... Wonderful.............
    Alison - in the notes it says the flash videaos will not play on the ipad ( what a pain that is!!) but they have been included on the disk as a file of mpegs so you should be able to sync those. (I think - not being an IT guru).
    Have you got the ipad app - it's great and a very reasonable price too.
    Good luck.
    See other posts - let me know about the Oliver Twist....
    XX Janet

Posted 12 years ago #
  6. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Su

Very sorry to hear that you've been so ill you couldn't even stitch - sounds dreadful :o(

Very glad that you are now feeling better - and have a new toy to play with too :o)

Christine

Posted 12 years ago #
  7. 140559

iPad app is wonderful. I now have to find the time to put all my threads, kits, material, ufos onto it and frighten myself as to how much stuff I've got! Xxx

Posted 12 years ago #
  8. Janet Nicholl

Hmmmm Me too - the "start" date of the UFO is the worrying bit!
    Think I might go for 1/1/2010 and go from there :-)

Posted 12 years ago #
  9. Su Maddocks

Ladies - can anyone help me ? When I play the videos on my PC the audio part keeps breaking up - it goes crackle - then silence then Jane comes across like a parrot with Tourettes and then silence etc etc - SO frustrating as the silences always come at the most relevant sections of the dialogue. Nothing wrong with my equipment as other audio uses fine - is anyone else having a problem?

Posted 12 years ago #
  10. Janet Nicholl

Hi Su
    Just checked mine (didn't have the speakers on when I first flipped through it).
    Jane's voice is clear and doesn't break up but there is a lot of background "noise" which I will find irritating - it doesn't drown out her voice but it does sound like demented birds chirruping in the background.
    I know Jane is at Harrogate this weekend. Maybe if others have the same problem we need to find out if we have our sound settings incorrectly configured. Maybe we should ask rainbow disks.
    Anyone else found the sound on the video clips a bit suspect??

Posted 12 years ago #
  11. Have just checked my disc and the only noise I can hear is the rain on the roof in the background which I must admit is a bit distracting and there is no sound describing the pattern book. Sally

Posted 12 years ago #
  12. Janet Nicholl

Hi all
    I missed the notes in the text on the disk about the rain and I contacted Rainbow Disks to find out whether I needed to change any settings on my computer.
    Apparently (for those that haven't seen the references to it in the text) the filming of the video clips was carried out in August and it poured with rain all day. Those of us who have been to Pink's Barn know how noisy that can be - I hope the pigeons with their hob nail boots kept away too..... So it is something we have to live with. At least I know my computer is playing the disk OK.

Posted 12 years ago #
  13. Went to the Knitting & Stitching show at Harrogate today
    Got my copy (& a cuddle) from Bill
    Had a quick look & it looks great.
    The worked samples of the projects are great on the stall (Have already done some at stitching weekends)
    Helen

Posted 12 years ago #
  14. Jean Strange

Got mine the day after Twitter message. Looked at the book pages and charts etc. but did not try watching the videos until today. I have a problem with the sound it keeps disappearing as well as the "rain noise" Jane starts a sentence then I loose the second half!! I can live with the rain as I have been to Pinks and know all about that. Anyone else have a problem like this? Will ask Husband if he has any suggestions when he gets back. IT is his job after all but I expect it will be something I did wrong according to him, nothing to do with the technology. If no one else has this problem or can suggest anything I will e-mail Jane.

Posted 12 years ago #
  15. Jean Strange

All sorted. Husband looked needed to install new version of Adobe and do some other tweaks. Now Jane doesn't sound as if she has developed a stutter or some other speech impediment!!

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.