The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

1. lorraine

Good morning everyone, I'm looking to buy a floorstand and wondered if any of you had a preference. I've got a rather large HAED but my frame is just not big enough. Any ideas?>

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. Janet Nicholl

Hi
    My favourite is the Necessaire stand from http://www.needleneeds.co.uk
    It is expensive but I had cheaper ones before getting this one and this IS the best and I will never need another one!
    Once you have the basic stand you can use different size frames and add to your collection gradually, they come in a variety of sizes - uprights and cross pieces but are interchangeable. The system for securing the fabric is easy and the tensioning of the fabric is simple.
    The bonus (for me anyway) is that it is BRITISH design and BRITISH manufacture - nice to support home grown industry IMHO.
    Have a browse of their site.
    Good Luck
    Janet

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. Jean Strange

Hi
    I agree with Janet I invested in one of these last year and it is the only stand I have ever got on with. I even managed to stitch with one hand on top and one underneath for the first time. I bought mine as a deal last Christmas with the stand, frame and extra pair of cross bars, so it might be worth checking out if they have any deals this year.

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. Barbara Stone

Hi Lorraine. I've had a Necessaire for years, and its fantastic. The only downside of it, is that if you're not using it for some unknown reason, it does take up floor space that you might need for other purposes. But its the stand I would recommend and I think they're made in Somerset, and living as I do in Bristol, I like to support local industry.

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. SLATEK

Hello everyone, I also have the Necessaire and could not live without it.I also like to stitch with one hand underneath and one on top it makes stitching much quicker. I had mine as a christmas present a few years ago. You can use it for all different sizes of frames small to large. It is very well made and well worth the investment.

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.