The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

ICHF Events

(8 posts)
  • Started 12 years ago by brenda midgley
  • Latest reply from Michelle Gladwish

No tags yet.

1. Had an e-mail/newsletter through today re the Stitching Shows for 2012. Those of us who regularly visit these shows we know that they often display costumes from various film or tv productions, etc.

So if you have been following Downton Abbey - the display this year will be the costumes from the first series. There have been some stunning dresses - so it will be lovely to see them close up. There - you saw it first on the CSG Website! Brenda

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. Sandra Harris

Saw some of these costumes at the Cardiff show this year. Show was awful but costumes were lovely. Sooo elegant. Talking of shows I am organising a coach to Sewing for Pleasure in March at the NEC from Pontypridd, South Wales if anyone is interested. Last years show was excellent.
    Has anyone been to Stitch and Craft in Olympia, London over the last year or two? I haven't been there for a few years now and wonder if it would make a change from Birmingham. I hope to go to Ally Pally next year too.

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. Barbara Stone

If you're going to be going along the M4, and maybe picking up around Bristol, I'd be interested in a seat, but if you're not, I'll have to make alternative arrangements. Haven't been to Stitch and Craft for a couple of years, but heard it was very good last year.

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. Sandra Harris

Barbara, you'd be welcome to come to any shows with me if we can arrange a suitable pick-up point. Have you anywhere in mind ? Probably won't do Olympia next year as I have a coach booked for Birmingham already and it's half full. Could pick you up at Aust / Michalwood services if you fancy going. Why do these show organisers book shows so close to each other ? Olympia and NEC shows are only a week or two apart. As much as I'd love to go to both my pennies don't stretch that far but at least I'll have 6 months to save for Ally Pally !!!!!

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. Barbara Stone

Thanks very much Sandra - Aust services would probably be fine. If you want to contact me after Christmas, my e mail is Bobnbarb.stone@btinternet.com, and we could discuss it then. Hope you have a lovely Christmas and a very happy and healthy new year, and hope to hear from you after the festivities are over, if you've got time. B.

Posted 12 years ago #
  6. Brigitte Gant

We could have a mini reunion, Barbara. I go to Ally Pally and Olympia.

Posted 12 years ago #
  7. 140559

I'm aiming to make at least one of these this year so look forward to seeing some familiar faces. I think it's about three years since I went to one. Alison xxx

Posted 12 years ago #
  8. Thats great thank you for the information. I go the Sewing for Pleasure show at the NEC in March which is run by ICHF so that will be great.

Thanks Michelle

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.