The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

No Louis Vuitton handbags for me thanks...

(6 posts)
  • Started 12 years ago by Andrea Thompson
  • Latest reply from Jean Strange
  1. Andrea Thompson

Not that the last poster was offering any!

How is everyone set for Christmas now?
    Got all your pressies wrapped? Cards sent off? tinselled up the Christmas tree?

I'm off to visit my parents over Christmas so my main concern is keeping an eye on the weather for the journeys there and back.

I've booked myself onto the Swindon and Bradford CSG weekends, really looking forward to them. :-)

Hope to see lots of you there!
    Merry Christmas :-)

And thanks for my Christmas cards!
    Andrea

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. Jean Strange

Well preparations for Christmas progressing well. We brought Mum back with us on Saturday from Bristol after taking her to see Only Men Aloud. We have been tidying and sorting a room a day ready for the arrival of my daughter, son-in-law and his daughter (our inherited grand daughter as we call her) on Christmas Eve. Pressies all bought but not all wrapped my husband and I will have a session doing that one night this week. Christmas meat delivery due tomorrow or Thursday then I know Christmas is nearly here!!
    Fiona and I are thinking of going to Swindon but Bradford is too far for us. May see you there.
    Merry Christmas everyone
    Jean

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Hi Jean!

I have booked Bradford but can't do Swindon so we shall miss each other, unfortunately.

Christine

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. Brigitte Gant

What is that other post about? How did that get here? What would I do with a bag like that? I have a very nice one with CSG initials on, thank you.

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. Andrea Thompson

I like handbags, but I like them for the way they look and for how useful they are. I really have never managed to understand the point in paying tonnes of money specifically for a particular "brand" name. I mean fine, if you like the way it looks and it is a good quality durable useful bag, but is it really worth the money? I got a fabulous red beaded handbag from a market stall in Manchester for £7. Thought that was brilliant and goes lovely with a posh frock I've got.

Posted 12 years ago #
  6. Jean Strange

I like bags too Andrea and I know my Husband has bought me a lovely handmade leather bag for Christmas. We got it at a Christmas craft fair and bought it from the man who made it it did cost a bit more than I would normally pay, but I know if there are problems it will be sorted. Last year the zip broke on a bag I had from him, he just said send it back and I will send you a new bag which is what he did. So a bit more money was worth it. But no to mega bucks for designer names thank you.

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.