The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Topics we do not want to see!!

(6 posts)
  • Started 12 years ago by Janet Nicholl
  • Latest reply from Barbara Stone

No tags yet.

1. Janet Nicholl

I sent a mail to Jane yesterday to alert her to the misuse of the forum.

I suggest that, as will all similar junk, we ignore it. Don't post on the topic, ceretainly don't risk any of the links and hopefully Jane's IT guru will delete them and we can get back to our normal chatter.

Brenda - you have made my Christmas, I love your posts!!

Happy New Year to all our Stitching Friends.
    Janet

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. Su Maddocks

Well done Janet for taking the initiative ! Happy New Year to you too xx

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. Jean Strange

As I put on one of the other posts before I read this, what concerns me is that this person is supposed to be a member. What on earth makes her think we would be interested in such rubbish? Perhaps Jane should investigate who this person is and cancel her membership, if she really is a member and hasn't just somehow got hold of someone elses sign in.
    Yes well done Janet, have only just got back home or might have joined you with the contact yesterday.

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Hi Jean

The trouble is that 'member' just means registered on the forum, and NOT membership of the CSG (it took me ages to work this out, but there you are!). My suspicion is that 'cheaptara' is computer-generated in the first place, although goodness only knows by whom, or for why.....

There have been a couple of dodgy messages appearing on the forum recently and this is a very good argument for having an active moderator who can remove such dross when it appears.

Cab.

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. 140559

Thank you Janet for alerting Jane. I'm sad to say I tried to read the drivel and couldn't make head nor tail of it! Let's hope they stop and it doesn't mean the forum shutting down again. Alison xxx

Posted 12 years ago #
  6. Barbara Stone

If I'd read the rest of the forum before I wrote what i did as an answer, I'd have noted that other people feel the same way as I do. Lets hope the forum doesn't have to shut down, in order to shut her up.

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.