The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Happy New Year......

(11 posts)
  • Started 12 years ago by Sandra Harris
  • Latest reply from Jean Strange
  1. Sandra Harris

to all my fellow stitchers. Hope you all had a good Christmas and are looking forward to the New Year.
    We had a very quiet Christmas. I had Jane's Dragonfly Hussif for Chritmas and I must confess, I started it after lunch and have barely put it down since. Instructions I find a little confusing but I think I've worked it out. Have any of you made this hussif? I can't wait to show the ladies in my class what Santa brought me. Sadly next term doesn't start until 2nd week of January.
    Hope you all have a good evening. My son doesn't finish work until 7p.m. so I'm going to make us all a nice meal and have a quiet night in.

Thank you all for becoming my friends during 2011. I hope our friendship will blossom throughout 2012 and our needles and thread bind us all together.
    God bless you all
    Sandra

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. Jean Strange

Hi Sandra
    Happy New Year to you too. We are having a quiet night in too. Were planning to be still in our caravan in The New Forest but weather too wet. Can cope with cold and dry as have new van with superb central heating but not cold and wet!! Can't do the walks etc. that we like. Off to cook nice meal and relax!
    Jean

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. Hello Sandra - yes I'm sure we can all picture the Dragonfly hussif - it's absolutely lovely. Sounds as if you are ploughing your way through it so if you come to a Guild weekend you must fetch it with you for Bring and Brag so's we can all ooh and aah over it and tell you what a clever girl you are. Brenda

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. 140559

Happy New Year to everybody and let's hope it's a healthy one. Our evening is going to be one of enforced quietness since I've caught a dreadful cold. I think I'll be drinking a toast of Lemsip at the magic hour tonight!

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. Barbara Stone

Hi Girls May everybody's 2012 be a happy and above all a healthy one, and may your stitching improve throughout the year. Happy new year everybody.

Posted 12 years ago #
  6. Hi Everyone,
    A Happy and Healthy New Year to you all and I look forward to seeing you in 2012.Hopefully 2012 will see me stitching again as I've not done much since Scotland.
    Sally

Posted 12 years ago #
  7. Brigitte Gant

Wishing you all a very happy new year, filled with health and many stitching hours.

Posted 12 years ago #
  8. 140559

My new years eve was not as quiet as I hoped. James crashed his car on the way home from work last night. Fortunately the slip road off the A1M was deserted at 6.30pm and no one hit him. He's fine but very shaken but his car has been towed away by the garage the police called. The problem is that Admiral shut at 5 last night, don't open till 10 on Monday and have no 24hour accident help line apart from recovery. It looks like Ray will have to ferry to work and back as goodness knows when the hire car will be sorted out. The main thing though is that he is ok. Looks like 2011 was a horrible year for our family right to the end. I really hope 2012 is better. Alison xxx

Posted 12 years ago #
  9. Barbara Stone

Oh Alison, if its not one thing. its another. Hope James is okay, after all, cars are replacable, people are not. I do hope 2012 will be better for your entire family. Keep your chin up and smile.

Posted 12 years ago #
  10. Life has a horrible way Alison of keep hitting people when they are down, I sincerely wish that now we've turned the corner into 2012 things start moving towards the positive for you. Love, Brenda

Posted 12 years ago #
  11. Jean Strange

Oh Alison I know what ypu mean our son-in-law borrowed my husbands 4x4 before Christmas and wrote it off in an accident at 2am in the morning. My husbands comment was "it is only money and a tin box. You are still alive." I might add he probably wouldn't be if he had been in any other car than a big Mitshbishi twin cab Warrior!! Again there was nothing else involved which we can only be gratefull for. Also hoping for a good 2012 as we too have had a not good year as a family. Here's to 2012 as the lucky year for all of us. Happy stitching everyone.

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.