The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Caron Waterlilies

(7 posts)

No tags yet.

1. Julz

Hello

I'm a new member to this site but I need some help.
    I have been doing counted cross stitch for 12 years or more.
    This Christmas i was given the Stolen Moments kit and before I begin I need to know what Caron Waterlilies are and how to use them. Please can anyone explain this to me

Thank you Julz

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. Jean Strange

Hi Julz
    Caron Waterlillies are the beautiful 12 strand hand dyed silks in your kit. They cange colour along the length. The chart should tell you how many strands to use but it is normally 2 like stranded cotton. The only thing is that you cannot do a loop start as you need the colours to change in a subtle way along the row of stitches. For this you need the 2 strands to have the same colour next to each other in the needle. Just cut your thread (not too long) thread 2 strands in your needle and do an away waste knot start. You can also choose the bits you like best, so if there is a bit of thread that you don't particularly like the colour you can cut that bit out!! They are lovely threads to work with and give a lovely effect when stitched. Hope this helps. I have done the Stolen Moments and it is lovely when finished.
    Happy stitching
    Jean

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. Julz

Thank you I can't wait to start the kit

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. Brigitte Gant

Welcome to the madhouse, Julz.

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. Su Maddocks

Hi Julz - welcome to the forum - I too have done the Stolen Moments Sampler and just couldn't put it down - it was one of only a few things I did from start to finish without picking up another WIP or UFO so hope you enjoy doing it too

Posted 12 years ago #
  6. Barbara Stone

Yes, welcome to this mad bunch of stitching nuts, Julz. We're all very nice really and look forward to seeing you sometime, we hope.

Posted 12 years ago #
  7. Doris

Welcome Julz. Actually, we're all normal here. We're the only ones who understand why we would go around with thread hanging out of our mouths, or scissors tucked into our bra straps, or mumbling I need color 675, 3904, 223. When our kids ask us to help with math, we ask them .. where's the color symbols?
    Enjoy this loverly group of ladies.

Doris, across the pond.

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.