The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Dragonfly Garden Hussif

(9 posts)
  • Started 12 years ago by kandr.phillips@tesco.net
  • Latest reply from Jean Strange
  1. Has anyone bought the Dragonfly Garden kit? I am finding it very difficult to follow the instructions, some of which are misleading. I feel like sending it back.

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. Tinouche24

I haven't stitched it, but if you could explain what you don't understand then I am sure that between us all we could help you.

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. I think the instructions are quite vague. There are thin and thick lines for backstitch. Are the thin for stitching with blending filament? Are the two pockets on either side of the hussif? If I do the four-sided stitch as per the instructions, are they going to be on the correct side for the finished article? As you can see I am a little muddled.

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. Hi Kandr, I have just emailed some photographs of the Dragonfly Hussif which I hope might give you some idea of how it is made up. I took them for someone else who was having difficulty with it. I do hope that it gives you some idea. Good Luck. Sally

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. Thank you very much Sally, for your very clear photos. I'll print them off and take them to my class on Tuesday as three of us are making the hussif.

Posted 12 years ago #
  6. Su Maddocks

Hi Sally - the sea here kept me awake with it's pounding last night and it is very windy and wet today - how are things where you are? I have just read this post with interest as my daughter Rachel bought the Dragonfly Hussif, to make for me, but we have both struggled with the actual construct instructions. Would I be cheeky if I asked if you could e-mail me the photos too? Scotland seems a long time ago now but I seem to remember you saying you were going to Norway - lucky girl - have a wonderful time. Hope we can meet up again sometime. Cheers Su x

Posted 12 years ago #
  7. Hi Su, emails of photos are on way to you. I hope you find them helpful. Good to hear from you. Sally

Posted 12 years ago #
  8. Sandra Harris

I have been struggling with the instructions for the Dragonfly Hussif too. Two other ladies in my class are also having difficulties. Thanks to Sally for sending the photographs to one of them it's making the puzzle a little clearer. I went to Sewing for Pleasure in Birmingham the weekend before last and had a chat with Jane. She showed me her sample and explained things so I felt I knew what to do !!! Sadly my little grey cell wasn't working so I'm still struggling but I'm sure we'll get there somehow.

Posted 12 years ago #
  9. Jean Strange

Just seen Jane has put pictures of how to make up this project on the Stitchers Study bit of the web site. I looked as I too have this project and wasn't sure about it. I hit "print" and it printed out the pictures very clearly, agreed it is prints of the web page (not just the photos) but you can certainly see what is happening.

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.