The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Back to stitching

(3 posts)

No tags yet.

1. Janet

Hooray, I've started stitching again after not touching it for about a year. I just seemed to have a lot of things going on in my life which took up my time, I won't bore anyone but in a nutshell, my father died, I look after my elderly Mum, my daughter had another baby and my youngest son suffers from depression, then to top it all off I hit the menopause!!, I don't know why but I did'nt have the patience to stitch, but suddenly last week I opened my stitching stash and passed an afternoon quite peacefully stitching! I remembered how much I enjoy it, and am making the effort to do some stitching every night. It feels great to be back and I'm planning to visit one of the stitching shows this year possibly Harrogate.

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. harmonyangel

Hiya! I know just what you are saying, last November, it was the same for me. Started a piece of cross stitch three years ago! I put it down and forgot about it, mind you, the truth is everything else in my life took over. As it does at times, but I now find stitching very relaxing, you can just forget what's going on around you, almost let the world pass you by. Now I'm always planning the next little project. Happy stitching!

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. Janet

The trouble is when we have a lot happening in our life we usually drop something that we like doing, and my concentration level seemed to drop as well, I think thats why I had no patience to stitch, but I'm so glad I'm back stitching, I started with some small cards then it did'nt seem to daunting, just looking through the colours of the threads drew me back in, Happy stitching to you as well!

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.