The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Jane Greenoff Mantle Clock

(8 posts)
  • Started 12 years ago by Michelle Gladwish
  • Latest reply from dianaartist

Tags:

1. Hi All

Wow its my wedding anniversary on Valentines Day and my hubby has surprised me (early I know but I hate surprises!) with a Jane Greenoff Mantle Clock - how wonderful. The hands are a pair of scissors. I have never seen one before and even more thrilled that it matches a little wooden trinket box that I have with a needlework theme carving on the lid.

Has anyone else come across these clocks or own one.

Hope everyone is well and warm! Snow is coming .....

Michelle x

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. Barbara Stone

I've made a few stitched clocks in my time, but I've never seen one like you describe. Hope you have a very happy anniversary. I know I'm not the only one in the forum who would like to see it.

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. Barbara - how do I upload a picture of it?
    Other than that I did take a picture of it which is on my blog http://www.stitchcraftplace.blogspot.com (just scroll down a few messages)

Its really unusual - the clockface has the words A Stitch In Time on it and under that it says Jane Greenoff, Fairford England

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. Barbara Stone

Hi Michelle, I've now looked on your blog and I'm officially jealous!! It's gorgeous and I've never seen anything like it before. It's a pity we can't upload photos onto the forum, but at least I've seen your blog. Its definitely getting a lot colder here in Bristol, hope we don't get snow, cos I don't do the white stuff! If I wake up tomorrow or Sunday, and the ground is deep and crisp and even, (and white!) I shall wrap up warm and spend the day in the loft, finishing off some of my assessment pieces for my city and guilds course. Take care.

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. 140559

Hi Michelle> I've also been on your blog and am also jealous! I wonder if Jane can fill us in on the history of this beautiful clock - there must be a story. Freezing cold in Hertfordshire and snow is forecast for tomorrow. Don't think I'll be venturing far so maybe tomorrow afternoon will be heating on, DVD in the player and some stitching done! Love Alison xxx

Posted 12 years ago #
  6. Hi Both

Thanks for your comments - I will e-mail Jane to see if there is in fact a story behind it. I have never seen one before at all so it will be interesting to see what light Jane can shed on it for us.

Stay warm and well and stitch!

Love Michelle xx

Posted 12 years ago #
  7. Jean Strange

As a founder member of the Guild I seem to remember seeing these clocks when Jane first started having the resin boxes and other items, but it is a good few years ago now!! I seem to remember seeing them at Pinks when I went for member classes but as I said a long time ago and I think they were expensive then.
    Went to our lovely luxury caravan in The New Forest for the weekend, van lovely and toasty warm, but water taps to fill tanks frozen on Saturday. Only had a little sleet but it absolutely poured with rain last night (Sat).

Posted 12 years ago #
  8. dianaartist

I have the Jane Grenoff (new in the box) clock.The clockface has the words A Stitch In Time on it and under that it says Jane Greenoff, Fairford Englandand the compleat needlerworker "luxury cross stitch etui" I am downsizing and want to sell these items (and more)
    diana
    http://www.dianaleoneart.com

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.