The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Done it!!!

(6 posts)
  • Started 12 years ago by Brigitte Gant
  • Latest reply from Doris

No tags yet.

1. Brigitte Gant

Have been a bit absent here lately because 3 1/2 weeks ago my younger (step)daughter asked if I could make the christening outfit for our youngest granddaughter. Stupidly I had texted her a picture of one in crochet and asked if she liked that sort of thing. Anyway, mummy and daddy said yes. So out came the hook and I got started. Once I had finished the dress, bonnet and bootees, I thought a cape might go with it nicely. Fortunately DH is quite good in the kitchen so we did not starve whil I was furiously swinging the hook. Had to dash back to Hobbycraft for 32cm more of the velvet ribbon as the original task did not cater for the neckline of a cape. Got it all done this afternoon two weeks ahead of the christening and I am quite chuffed.
    Now I need to get on with a birthday card for grandson No. 6 as he is having his first birthday party next Sunday. Need to assemble DH's Valentine card tomorrow, too. Hohum. I will die of everything but boredom.

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. Well done Brigitte. You must let us see a photo of your granddaughter wearing it all at the christening. I can just it imagine it looking really lovely. I love crochet dresses etc. I used to love making them for my daughters. See you soon.

Sally

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. Janet Nicholl

So pleased you managed to finish all you planned! Shame we can't post pictures here.
    Jane did mention she was making some changes to the web site but no sign of anything yet. Several posts on Face Book but not all the members have a Face Book account so may not see them.
    Fiona and I were joined by my friend Liz yesterday so a small group :-) but making plans for another get together in a couple of months.
    Are you coming to Swindon? I seem to remember it might clash with another family occasion? I will be there and Angela is coming too.
    Off to the quilting fabric shop now as I need some backing fabric and wadding. Busy Busy!!
    I agree - will die of anything but boredom. How anyone who is retired can say they are bored I do not know, definitly not enough hours in a day or days in a week, even with a 7 day weekend now!!

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. Barbara Stone

You clever person Brigitte!! I'm so jealous of what you've managed to do, cos I know I won't have time to do anything like that for at least the next 22 months, (less if I can finish my quilt before then) so nothing will get done for a while. I intend to come to Swindon, just as a day visitor, cos its just up the motorway from me, and I need to get away from patchwork for a short while. Hope to see everybody who's going there.

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. Brigitte Gant

Yes, I shall see you all at Swindon. With a bit of luck I shall get round to getting some pics printed off by then. It is grandson No. 6's first birthday party in Gloucester this Sunday. Luckily it is not till the afternoon, as we have the two local grandsons coming for nightnights on Saturday. Mummy and Daddy are out celebrating their birthdays, their last one with a 3 in front. With a bit of luck Ivy will be at the party, so we can take the outfit, thus saving an extra trip to Winchester before the christening on the 26th. Then it's Swindon. Yippeeeeh!!! After that have to get my car sorted with MOT and book the first trip to Germany for 25th March. After that it's getting ready for THE tour.
    Did anybody mention the word boredom? Wot iz zis? I do not know zis verd.

Posted 12 years ago #
  6. Doris

Awesome Brigitte. But reading your post made me tired or is it guilt? lol looking forward to seeing you in April.

Doris

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.