The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

NEW TO FORUM

(15 posts)
  • Started 12 years ago by Barbara in France
  • Latest reply from Monica Langstaff

No tags yet.

1. Hi Everyone
    I am new to the forum but have been a member of the Cross Stitch Guild for a little while now. I may have already registered but if so I forgot my details must be my age. So if I did some people may know me as Bea.Stitching others as Barbara in France, so I am going with that one on this forum. Anyway just wanted to say Hi to you All.
    Best wishes
    Barbara in France

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. Hello Barbara - I only just learned how to use the Forum this week, bit slow on the uptake as regards computery

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. Morning Monica

I know what you mean I am not very good on it either. Monica is my sisters' name what a small world.
    Best wishes
    Barbara in France

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. I will be off to France end of April, have a friend, Angela, living near Angouleme. Instead of flying I (and friend Sonia) are taking Eurostar and TGV, make a change

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. Hi Monica

Don't know if you have been before but it is a very nice place and lovely area. I have a couple of friends who live over that side. I live in the South East on the border with Geneva, my husband works in the city, and lived in Geneva for the first year then bought our current home just over the border. We have been here 11 years now time has really flown. I hope you have a lovely time.
    Best wishes
    Barbara in France

Posted 12 years ago #
  6. Barbara Stone

Welcome to the forum from Barbara in Britain!! Hopefully you might be able to come over to England one of these fine days and we might all meet up. In the meantime, glad you could join us.

Posted 12 years ago #
  7. Hello Barbara
    Yes have been a few times, love it there. Also have been to Loire Valley and Brittany and several times to Le Mans Classic in our Classic MGBGT, 1973. Mostly when my husband was alive but two years ago my eldest daughter Annemarie came with me in convoy with some other cars. I love driving in France, so much better than here. I'm off on Jane's Swindon weekend tomorrow.

Posted 12 years ago #
  8. Hello Barbara in Britain, I am coming over in a couple of weeks and going to the Stitch and Craft Show in London, are you going?
    I am going on the Sat if you are going to be there lets have a coffee!
    BW
    Barbara in France

Posted 12 years ago #
  9. Hi Monica
    Sorry to hear about your husband but glad you are still getting out and about. We love Brittany and going there soon can't wait. Then back a couple of days then off to the UK to the Stitch and Craft Show really looking forward to that. By the time you read this you will be back so hope you had a really wonderful time. Would love to hear all about it.
    BW
    Barbara in France

Posted 12 years ago #
  10. Barbara Stone

Hope to make it to Stitch and Craft, after lunching at Harrods the day before to celebrate Ruth's birthday, If you see a demented woman with blond hair rushing around like a loony, wearing a blue fleece, it will probably be me. Best wishes.

Posted 12 years ago #
  11. Hi Enjoy the lunch I am sure it will be wonderful. And enjoy the exhib, I know I will be dashing around all over the place as well.
    BW

Posted 12 years ago #
  12. Lisa

Hi there,
    I am new to the formum so I am just browsing . I have only been a member since november last year.

I hope to make lots of friends who are cross x mad like me

Posted 12 years ago #
  13. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Welcome Lisa!

You've come to the right place for cross-stitch-mad people (and, some would say, mad people - but not me).

Christine

Posted 12 years ago #
  14. Barbara Stone

Welcome Lisa, I totally agree with Christine, who isn't mad at all, that this is the best place to meet up with cross stitch mad people. I went to Swindon yesterday, and got cheered up by meeting lots of people who I have only have met through going to cross stitch lessons and holidays. Enjoy yourself and don't hesitate to put your two pennorth in on the forum. The more the merrier.

Posted 12 years ago #
  15. Welcome Lisa. I am not new to the CSG but I am to Forum. I was at Swindon at the weekend, had a great time. Lots of stitching, talking and laughing, excellent food. The chef really put himself out for a gluten free lady. Will not be at Olympia this year, hope everyone who goes has a good time and gets everything they want

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.