The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

unfinished projects

(9 posts)
  • Started 12 years ago by Lisa
  • Latest reply from Su Maddocks
  • poll: should I stick with the new projects that Ive just started or do back to an old project???
    current New projects : (12 votes)
    71 %
    UFO's - Old projects : (5 votes)
    29 %

Tags:

1. Lisa

Hi all,

I was wondering I could do with some advice of finishing my UFO's ( unfinished ojects).

I have got about 6-7 unfinished projects and I have just started another 2 projects in the last couple of days . These projects that I have started are for this year. One is for mothers day and the other is for a wedding .

I am just unsure what I should be stitching weather I should continue with the new ones that Ive started or weather to go back to one of my other projects ??.

Please help me if you can. Advice greatly received .

many thanks

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Lisa

You've ONLY got 7 ufos? Wow, how good is that!

Continue with the new projects, I would/do...

Christine

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. Barbara Stone

Just do what you fancy is my philosophy. I've got UFO's that I haven't touched for years (literally) then I'll suddenly get a rush of blood to the head and finish them in a couple of weeks, or others that I still haven't finished. (and probably won't.) Just enjoy your stitching.

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. GRAZIA.04

I think that un unfinished work is like a promise for future. I began stitching a tablecloth when I was 15 and finished it last year, 40 years later. My tablecloth is wonderful! so, don't worry: all projects are going to be finished, some days!!!!

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. Barbara Stone

I think my mum holds the record for finally finishing a UFO. She was given a kit for the Festival of Britain in 1951, and finally finished it two years ago. It only took her 60 years to finish. I've got a tablecloth I've been doing for the last five years, so I've got plenty of time.

Posted 12 years ago #
  6. I started a picture of Iceland in 1995 & just finished it this January
    Now doing 2 different Norwegian ones

Posted 12 years ago #
  7. Janet

I just like carrying on with new projects because they are fresh and exciting, sometimes I look at my UFO's and wonder why I started them if I didnt finish them, never mind onwards and upwards as they say!!

Posted 12 years ago #
  8. MORTON

I only ever have 2 projects on the go at one time. I have to finish one to start one...that,way I keep myself relevant

Posted 11 years ago #
  9. Su Maddocks

Hi Lisa - UFOs and WIPs are what most of us mad CSG gals have a plenty - and why not? I know I won't live long enough to do all the pieces I want to especially if I have to finish one before starting another so I dip in and out as the mood takes me and often, how good the light is !!! However if I have a deadline such as a birthday or wedding that I am doing a piece for then I'd get that finished and out of the way before dipping back into my pile. But whatever you do you should do it because you want to and are enjoying it - so happy stitching whether it's new or not !

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.