The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

(7 posts)
  • Started 12 years ago by PenelopeDarby
  • Latest reply from Michelle Gladwish

Tags:

1. PenelopeDarby

Hi ,

I have been stitching for over 40 years and now live in Spain and there is a dearth of stitching down here, thank God for the internet.
    I lead a Spanish group of Stitchers out here and also attend an English group which I led for 4 years until I could persuade a friend to take over. I take Stitch magazine and Cross Stitcher together with Antique Sampler and tend to get my supplies from 123 stitch in the States, the post seems more reliable from the USA to Spain than from the UK to Spain.
    If there are any seminars or weekends coming up in September October 2012 I would love to know. I have a daughter in Edinburgh, Scotland and a friend in North Wales with another in Cirencester, so If I came over I can stay at these places.

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. Welcome, Penelope, to the crowd. Hope we get to meet you sometime

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. Andrea Thompson

Hello!
    I think we are all waiting with bated breath for the Autumn weekends/day classes to appear on the site. :-) There are usually some. Last year there was a trip to Scotland in early November, I think there were some linen classes at Pinks Barn in September and I know there was a Christmas one in December - although that might be the wrong time of year for you. I'm sure one of the joys of living in Spain is not having to put up with a British winter!
    I know that one of the big Stitching Shows is in October, I think it's one of the London ones, though. The classes at Pinks Barn might be very convenient for you to see your friend in Cirencester.
    Jane will no doubt mention in her journal when the Events & Classes section gets some new additions.
    Hope you can make one of them!
    Andrea

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Hello Penelope, and welcome!

I'm hoping that the Events and Classes will be updated when Jane comes back from the Norway trip.

Christine

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. Jean Strange

Welcome Penelope
    Yes I think lots of us are waiting for the Autumn dates. Did the end of March one at Pinks, got squeezed in at the last minute as Fiona(another member who lives close to me) and I had a bad week and needed stitching therapy. Will need some more by September/October time. The stitching show in October is at Alexandra Palace in London, usually good and very busy, Jane is there with all her lovely things on display and lots to buy!!
    Perhaps we might meet if any of Jane's dates are good for all of us in the Autumn.
    Jean.

Posted 12 years ago #
  6. Barbara Stone

Welcome to the forum and the guild. Jane did say when we were returning from Scotland last year, that she was going to have another trip north of the border this year. So you never know, we might meet up with you then, if not before.

Posted 12 years ago #
  7. Welcome Penelope x

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.