The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Fed up with stolen space !!

(11 posts)
  • Started 12 years ago by Su Maddocks
  • Latest reply from Su Maddocks

No tags yet.

1. Su Maddocks

Hi gals - I don't know about the rest of you but I am getting thoroughly cheesed off by having to trawl through all the Estetik topics appearing lately. All I can find out is that there is a place of this name in Istanbul which offers cosmetic and re-constructive surgey and wonder if it is the same - do they think we all need some sort of face lift hence them bombarding us ? I for one just wish they would bugger off and leave us lovely ladies in peace !!

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. Jean Strange

Quite agree Su was thinking of posting something similar myself. I think we need to try to limit who can use this Forum so that we only get topics we are interested in. I mean 4 or more postings with nothing on them!! Well I don't think we need face lifts or any other kind of surgical lift at present. A lift in spirits because of this awful weather perhaps, but going back to the stitching to that in a few minutes.

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

You can count on my vote to get the forum limited to bona fide postings. I'm sure all these invalid posts are putting people off. Grrrr.

Christine

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. Auntie Beryl

Hear,Hear ! You can add me to the list .

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. Jean Strange

OK so now we need to contact Jane and ask about doing this. I know when I was at Pinks at the end of March there was a lot of discussion on this from the 11 of us who were there (incuding Su). I might e-mail Jane when she gets back from Norway as she only monitors the Forum every now and then. I don't know how easy it would be to limit the access other than making it Members of the Guild only. But as we are fed up with all this oter "Rubbish" we need to try to do something!

Posted 12 years ago #
  6. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Perhaps one way of doing this would be to make the forum accessable only when you've logged in to the CSG members-only section. Or would that put genuine members off?

Alternatively, it could be made a properly moderated forum, but I don't know if Jane would want to go down that route (and I don't even know if that's possible).

But something really should be done about it!

Posted 12 years ago #
  7. Administrator
    Key Master

You'll be glad to hear we've deleted kahveciler's (Estetik) posts.

There might be options for a moderator or group of moderators to be set up for the forum which we can discuss with Jane when she gets back from Norway.

In the meantime we will continue to keep an eye on the forum.

From the team at ICON.net

Posted 12 years ago #
  8. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Heartfelt thanks from the 'real' posters for that!

Posted 12 years ago #
  9. Jean Strange

Quite agree. Huge thank you from all of us who are only interested in stitching topics and what has been happening to our "Forum Friends" whether we have met them in person or only here in cyber space.

Posted 12 years ago #
  10. Here here Jean - well done xx

Posted 12 years ago #
  11. Su Maddocks

Dear team at ICON - you are stars - thanks
    I wonder if there IS a way, like Christine suggests, where it could be set up so that we have to use our membership numbers as our passwords to get onto the forum? I found this recent "bombardment" a puzzle are there were no messages just topic headings - so bizarre

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.