The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Ally Pally

(11 posts)
  • Started 12 years ago by Michelle Gladwish
  • Latest reply from Michelle Gladwish

No tags yet.

1. Hi All

I just wondered if anyone (although I am certain some of you will have!) been to the Knitting and Stitching Show at Ally Pally. Although I live in Staffordshire I usually travel upto the Harrogate show as I have friends who live up North.

However this year my big Son is 18 the same weekend as the show so I decided that perhaps I ought to give it a miss! when I came up with the idea of the show in October at Ally Pally.

Just interested if anyone had been if they could tell me if the show is a good one and anything I should look out for? Coach and ticket booked! I'm taking one of my friends with me as a treat for her birthday. I am sure we will be like a couple of little girls going on a school outing on the coach! You get the idea - packed lunch which we will probably have eaten on the way, constantly checking our bags for our shopping list and pennies to spend and of course Haribo!

Thanks all - Michelle xx

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. Jean Strange

Hi Michelle
    I have been to Ally Pally for the last few years with my friend Fiona and a group from her stitching club.

It is a big show, lots to see, in fact last year I'm not even sure we really saw everything!!! Always spend more than I intended. There are so many things to see. Jane has a lovely big stand and has run teaching sessions, don't know if she is this year.

Lots of the other "names" in the cross stitch world have stands there and they are worth looking at to see any new designs. It depends what you are interested in really. Probably worth getting a programme for the map as there are 2 halls of displays and stands. You can then work out where you want to go and where you want to spend the most time.

Hope this helps
    Jean

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. Sandra Harris

Hi Michelle,

Haven't been to Ally Pally for the past 3 years but I'm running a coach there this year. For the past 2 years my class have wanted to go to Crafts for Christmas at the NEC, Birmingham (which is a show I don't particularly enjoy )but this year I've put my foot down with a firm hand and decided it's Ally Pally or nothing !!!! I've always loved the Ally Pally show. There's so much to see and do there i'm sure you'll have a wonderful time. I'm going on the Sunday so if you're there that day let me know and perhaps we can meet up.

My coach will be travelling down the M4 from South Wales. If anyone wants to come with me please get in touch.

Best wishes
    Sandra

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. Hello Michelle. Ally Pally - oooh - excuse me while I dribble with enjoyment! I always try to go to Ally Pally, although I did miss it last year. My rule of thumb is that I buy a two-day ticket. In about August time I go onto the website and have a look at the workshops and classes - Learning Curve is how it's described on the website. I then book one or two classes depending on what's on offer and I book my place and my two-day ticket at the same time. Okay admittedly the £'s spent are then adding up a bit, but by paying in August you've forgotten about it by October (when you are then looking at the spends you are allowing yourself at the show.)

I usually go to the show on Thursday and Friday each time (that way if travelling by public transport, which is how I get there, you are avoiding problems on the London Underground with weekend engineering works). Then on the Thursday I look round the two smaller halls and do my workshop(s) and come home all happy and tired. Then I return on Friday and do the major hall; which is packed to the gunnels with so many interesting stalls and come home even more happy and tired!

As a point of interest - nothing to do with stitching - for some reason the October weather is usually nice at Ally Pally time and I defy anyone to say they are not moved by the sight of London in all its splendour when viewed from outside the doors of Ally Pally. You can see for miles and I confess I've usually got my little pair of binoculars in my bag so I can scan the panorama of London laid out before me. Wordsworth the poet is renowned of course for 'Daffodils' and most people think of him as a poet with musings about the Lake District. But not just that. He also had appreciative thoughts on London - 'Composed upon Westminster Bridge' - who knows that one? "Earth has not anything to show more fair, Dull would he be of soul who could pass by a sight so touching in its majesty' etc etc (Ido know the rest but there's something like another 10 or 12 lines!)

I'm sure you will have a lovely, lovely time.

Posted 12 years ago #
  5. Barbara Stone

Hi Sandra, can you let me know how much its going to be, and what date you're going to Ally Pally. My e mail address is Bobnbarb.stone@btinternet.com. The quilt shop I go to is running a coach but I cannot always get a seat on it, so I'd love to go with a group of cross stitchers, rather than a group of quilters. I haven't been able to get to a show for so long, I'm having withdrawal symptons.

Posted 12 years ago #
  6. Lauren

dollars for other purposes. ophthalmology San Carlos Looking to find the definitive source of information on ophthalmology San Carlos? After a lengthy day's work, you're most awaited moment comes when it is time to go to sleep. Individuals need to sleep to get some rest , regain strength, cocktail short dresses cocktail short dresses and energy. Without it, you can't go through your every day life the normal way, for insufficient rest can cause many disorders and illnesses in the lengthy run. Are you 1 those individuals who snores at night plus size dresses plus size dresses short turquoise prom dresses short turquoise prom dresses ? wedding dress for plus size wedding dress for plus size Or one of your household membes does prom 2012 dresses prom 2012 dresses ? The sound made via snoring can be very irritating, especially when you require to get some rest. Snoring can cause you and your family members lengthy sleepless nights Ever Pretty Ever Pretty . But worry no more wedding dress sweetheart neckline wedding dress sweetheart neckline , for there are a lot of natural loud night breathing remedies available for somebody who snores. There is still no recognized cure for loud night breathing. What the market

Posted 12 years ago #
  7. Lauren

wholesale vintage dresses wholesale vintage dresses
    wedding dresses wedding dresses
    wedding gowns wedding gowns
    summer dresses summer dresses
    informal wedding dresses informal wedding dresses
    vintage wedding dresses vintage wedding dresses
    bridal dress bridal dress
    cocktail dress cocktail dress
    vintage bridal gowns vintage bridal gowns
    evening dresses evening dresses
    flower girl dresses flower girl dresses
    bridesmaid dresses bridesmaid dresses
    mother of the bride dresses mother of the bride dresses
    inexpensive prom dresses inexpensive prom dresses
    formal wedding dresses formal wedding dresses
    prom dress prom dress
    cheap wedding dresses cheap wedding dresses

Posted 12 years ago #
  8. rengui

These words is so wonderfulness, the author is a good witer. Monster Beats by Dr Dre is a famous electronics, do you hear of it. Our store is selling this electronics. Also the beats by dre outlet is the popular product.We hope you can go to our store http://www.outletbeatsbydresale.com/ and buy them too.

Posted 12 years ago #
  9. rengui

We are so agree on this views. The modern women like to buy all kinds of bags and bags of all sorts of brands are popular and popular, especially the coach bag design, brand price is affordable, if you want to buy a cost-effective bag bag, welcome to the shop http://www.outletscoachstores.com/ and consultation. coach outlet store will you the best choice for you!

Posted 12 years ago #
  10. Cecilia

Hi all

I'd just like to point out that putting your email address onto the forum is a bit dangerous because it isn't secure and everyone can see it and use it if they want to.

I see that we have another "spammer" on here too (rengui) so that's a good reason NOT to give out your email addresses.

Posted 12 years ago #
  11. Barbara Stone

Hi Cecilia, I knew it was a mistake as soon as I had done it, but I needed to get in touch with Sandra. However thats done now, so hopefully all will be well.
    Thanks for the warning. And can't we get rid of these spammers somehow? I don't know about everybody else, but I'm getting fed up with reading their rubbish, especially as we can't just delete them like you can on your inbox.

Posted 12 years ago #
  12. Tinouche24

I think that it is about time that we requested this forum to be members only and only accessible through the members page. Then hopefully we will get rid of those silly inappropriate and unwanted posts advertising rubbish and get back to important things like stitching and supporting friends.

Posted 12 years ago #
  13. Barbara Stone

I'll second that good idea.

Posted 12 years ago #
  14. Yes I will third that! Thanks to everyone for your comments on Ally Pally - going to begin counting down then now. Roll on October x

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.