The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

busy Lizzie sampler

(11 posts)
  • Started 11 years ago by MORTON
  • Latest reply from Brigitte Gant
  1. MORTON

Can anyone help.....I am trying linen for the first time and chose the above sampler.....what colour are the windows and is the roof a mix of 2 colours? I am confused!!! What is 2104 used for.....sorry just really struggling to figure it out....thanks with hope x

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Sorry, I haven't stitched that sampler so I can't help directly. If you get no joy on the forum you could try asking Jane herself using 'Contact Us' on the CSG website.

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. Su Maddocks

Hi - can you help us to help you by reminding us of the location of the sampler e.g. Itch to Stitch (previously Stitch That) one of Jane's books etc - I was going to look to see if I could help but couldn't find it - cheers Su

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. MORTON

Hi, yeah it's actually a kit I bought from the website .

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. MORTON

Hi again....sorry for being a pain but how long on average does it take for the (very busy and in demand ) amazing Jane to answer her email....I really want to get this sampler finished as I am so excited to have achieved on linen lol

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. Tinouche24

I wouldn't email, I would just phone her up as long as it is in daylight hours she is always very ready to help and if she is not there leave a message on the CSG answerphone and she will get back to you normally very quickly.

Posted 11 years ago #
  7. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

You could try ringing her on 0800 328 9750 (number taken from 'Contact us' details).

Posted 11 years ago #
  8. MORTON

Thanks to all for your help.....I did complete the sampler and now love linen work!! Thanks

Posted 11 years ago #
  9. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Well done you! I think that most people love working with linen once they try it.

Posted 11 years ago #
  10. Barbara Stone

In fact, you might find that you have difficulty working on Aida fabric after completing something on linen now. Good for you for completing your project.

Posted 11 years ago #
  11. Brigitte Gant

Well done. Linen or evenweave is so nice to work on.
    I have just replaced the 18ct Aida enclosed in the kit with 32 Belfast linen for Ivy's birth sampler. As there will be quite a bit of material showing, I think it will look better.
    I will use the Aida stock up for quick cards or if the whole area is filled with stitches.

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.