The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Keeping focused while stitching

(4 posts)
  • Started 12 years ago by BluSportyGirl03
  • Latest reply from Su Maddocks

No tags yet.

1. Good Morning,
    Need some help while stitching. How do you keep your self focused while stitching a project? I find myself putting it down for a couple of weeks or months, then going back to it, then setting it down for a while again etc. Does anyone have any advice on this? Do all stitchers go through a slump so to speak? I'm what you call a slow stitcher.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated
    Thank you
    Karen Wilson - Vineland, NJ USA

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Hi Karen!

I suspect this sort of thing happens to most stitchers - it certainly happens to me! I don't worry about it however, it just means a lot of UFOs and WIPs. On the other hand, if I am doing a piece of stitching for a particular purpose - for example a birthday card, or even a birth sampler - then those DO get finished. It helps if there's a deadline too since you can get very motivated as the deadline draws ever closer....

At the end of the day, I stitch because I enjoy it and I don't thinks anyone should beat themselves up just because they take a long time to finish a piece of work. Sometimes all you need is a break to do something very small and quick and it can revitalise the creative juices.

Just enjoy it!

Christine

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. Linda

I find that sometimes I hate to put my cross stitch down, working on it as much as possible. But then I can go period of times when I don't touch it. I find that's when I will start a new project, which means I have another unfinished item. Especially if I have been to shows and bought more kits.

Posted 12 years ago #
  4. Su Maddocks

....in other words Linda you're just like (most of) the rest of us. There are a few disciplined souls (my eldest daughter for example) who can buy a new project and not even open the packet and look at the lovely contents until they have finished what they are working on. The rest of us have several WIPs or UFOs - sometimes into double figures - but like Christine says - it is OUR hobby that we do as and how WE want to and in a way that gives us PLEASURE.....so you go girl and enjoy x

Posted 12 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.