The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Bradford

(15 posts)

No tags yet.

1. To all of you who are going to Bradford next weekend have a really wonderful time. I will be with you in spirit if not in person.I would love to be there but I find it such a long journey from where I live. Have a great time and I will be thinking of you all. Love Sally

Posted 12 years ago #
  2. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Sally, I'm so sorry you won't be there - we'll miss you!

Posted 12 years ago #
  3. Ann S

Hoping that those going to Bradford this weekend have a wonderful time.

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. Barbara Stone

Hope you all have a lovely time at Bradford (said through clenched teeth) and you enjoy yourselves.

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. Brigitte Gant

Barbara, you be careful what you do with your teeth!!!!!!

All those going to Bradford, have a brilliant time.

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. Barbara Stone

Don't worry Brigitte, Nowadays, I walk around with 6 inches of foam wrapped around my top lip. Gets me some funny looks at times, but at least my teeth are safe!

Posted 11 years ago #
  7. Hi to everyone who was at Bradford
    Another excellent weekend which I think was enjoyed by everyone
    Good to see friends old & new again
    Helen

Posted 11 years ago #
  8. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Great weekend.
    Lovely company.
    Wonderful project.

Who could ask for anything more?

Posted 11 years ago #
  9. Barbara Stone

Glad you all enjoyed yourselves. Please keep us up to date with what happened during the weekend. I'm so jealous I couldn't be with you, but glad you had a nice time. And what project did you get? Do you reckon we might see it in the magazine some time?

Posted 11 years ago #
  10. I also am pleased that you all had a good time and like Barbara I am also very jealous that I couldn't join you all,but very much looking forward to seeing what you all stitched. Sally

Posted 11 years ago #
  11. Such a pity Barbara and Sally that you couldn't be there. Don't want to rub it in, but it was a really lovely weekend with a really lovely project. When finished our project will take the form of a box about 4" square with a depth of about one to one and a half inches with a lift up lid. The colours are glorious - vibrant and glowing and if Jane doesn't put it forward as a kit for purchase or something she needs her head examining as I'm sure people will love it.

Don't think any of us wanted to come home and the staff at Bradford were just so obliging and friendly - I'm sure they'd all been sent to charm school.

We had some lovely new ladies who came and joined us - Linda, her mum Phyllis and Gill (or should that be Jill - dunno) - but all very nice and friendly. We missed you and Jane Napier with Marie and Shirley, no Janet Nicholl either, or Pat and Ann; but Rita came all the way from Scotland - lovely to see her again; plus Rosemary and Caroline - God you should have seen the Bring and Brag that Caroline brought with her! Once again, you get gobsmacked when you see the things other people have stitched.

Oh, big sigh here, can't believe it's all done and dusted. This time last week I was going through my packing list and getting excited.

Hope to see you at the next one. Love Brenda

Posted 11 years ago #
  12. Auntie Beryl

Just to say thankyou to everyone for their care and concern to me over the week end .it was much appreciated . Another great weekend , they get better and better , thanks to Jane and Carole ,and of course Bill . I am sure the "new ladies" enjoyed it too ! We hope to see you all again soon .

Posted 11 years ago #
  13. Rita Barron

Hi Everyone and especially all who went to Bradford! A wonderful weekend, lovely to meet friends old and new, great to see Jane, Carole and of course Bill again and a great project! All well worth every mile of the eight and a half hour journey each way!! A shame Janet couldn't make it but hopefully next year?!! Back to earth now with a bump!! Can't believe it is over, it passed so quickly!! I hope to see you all again soon!!

Posted 11 years ago #
  14. Janet Nicholl

Hi all - Christine has posted some pictures on Facebook, now I definitely wish I'd been there! The project looks fabulous and I certainly missed seeing everyone.
    It all sounds much more fun than organising the Bucks County Rifle Association Championships!! That's the problem with hobbies that clash and being a "woman who does" ...... Unfortunately there are too many people who expect others to organise for them and not help and even moan when things are not right! Sorry - grump over.
    With the weather so good my stitching has taken a back seat to the gardening, need to fill the raised beds my DP made for me and I get distracted watching my new girls busy about their work setting up home in their brand new hive!
    Will get my stitching fix on the 9th at Pink's, looking forward to that very much and seeing Jane, Bill and stitching friends.
    Let's hope Jane books another weekend for the autumn :-) :-)

Posted 11 years ago #
  15. Linda

I had a lovely time, hopefully the first of many. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The only thing wrong was that it was a weekend and not for a week. Thank you to you all for making me and mom so welcome.

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.