The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Mii Stitch

(34 posts)

Tags:

1. Brenda - will do. Doubt I will be at Ally Pally as the relatives from Austria who booked themselves into this non B&B last year and put a spoke in the Scotland trip for me are coming the Ally Pally opening day and staying for a while - they never ask first! However if there is to be a weekend I will definitely see you there with bag as those dates suit me fine.

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. Mii Stitch

Hi, Mii here,

I'm really new to this forum but am very curious about this stitching weekend away.
    Could anyone give me more info?
    You all seem to be friends & know each other, would it be a boring thing to attend to if I would be attending on my own??? (depending where, etc???)

Thank you soooo much,
    Mii
    http://miistitch.blogspot.co.uk

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. Hello Barbara - I usually aim to go to Ally Pally on both the Thursday and Friday - that way I manage to miss all the engineering work that goes on on the London Underground over the weekend period. On Thursdays I like to do a couple of classes. Was looking at the Learning Curve of Ally Pally website just yesterday and saw a couple that grabbed my attention. I'll keep you posted nearer the time of my plans. Free coffee! - blimey - I'd be a fool to turn that down.......

Monica - 'sno good, you're going to have to get your relatives trained better than that!

Mii - yes, do join us - doesn't matter if you are on your own. We have one thing in common straightaway - stitching; and the reason we do know each other quite well is because we go to as many weekends as we can (and can afford!) because you learn a lot and it's really enjoyable. Look forward to meeting you if you can make November. I've just got everything crossed that it will stay as the 2nd to 4th November as I am free that weekend.

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. Barbara Stone

Hope to get to Ally Pally on Friday or whenever it is that Sandra is arranging the coach, as I've got a provisional place booked with her. My mum is interested in going as its near where she lives, so if we can we'll probably go together on the Friday. So, I'll let you know nearer the date whether I'll be able to stand you a coffee or not. Mii, we'd love to see you at weekends. I don't normally make all of them every year, cos I can't afford it, but whenever I do go on one, I have a fantastic time, and I know that when I first started going, I was made welcome by everybody, and I know you will be too. Hope to see you in November cos I'd love to go to that weekend.

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. parddu

Mii - don't worry about going to a CSG weekend on your own. You'll always find someone to talk to and commiserate with you when yet again you've had to undo thaat awkward piece of stitching.

I'm going to the class at Pinks a week on Saturday and to the Christmas day. Looking forward to both.

Rosemary

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. Auntie Beryl

Mii ,I suggest you click on "New member" . Andrea has written a full description of the weekend , and it is never boring . Do take some pain killers , you will need them for your "Chuckle -muscles " ! And no-one is left on their own , someone will take you under their wing ! Look forward to meeting you .

Posted 11 years ago #
  7. Mii - I started joining in two years ago after I lost my husband. I knew no-one at all but everyone is really friendly and you make friends in no time. Please come.

Posted 11 years ago #
  8. Hi Barbara - there you go then - maybe I shall see you on the Friday at Ally Pally and if you are running out of the readies by lunchtime I'll stand you a coffee instead - and your mum. If she's anything like you, she'll be lovely.

That's the nice thing about these shows - you can meet up with people for a quick sandwich or what have you and then no-one minds if you then toddle off again to do your own thing. So much to see and a day goes so quickly.

Maybe we can rope Brigitte in too - not sure if she's still in Germany at the moment; but I often see her at Ally Pally, so I bet she'l be up for it.

Posted 11 years ago #
  9. Barbara Stone

Brenda, you're on!! It would be lovely to meet up with you and Brigitte again, cos I know she usually goes on the Friday, and share a coffee or a bite. Mum hopes to be able to come, depends on how she feels. She says and she has no desire to spend any money as she's got enough stuff to keep her going for the next decade or two, but I think we're all like that, and we still manage to go home absolutely skint. I'll keep you informed.

Posted 11 years ago #
  10. Sandra Harris

Barbara I'm going on the Sunday. Can you let me know as soon as possible if you still require a seat on the coach ? So sorry I've not been in touch but things have been a bit manic here. My class finishes on Tuesday so I'm hoping to catch up on things during the summer break. Sorry I meant it's something to do while it's raining !!!!!

Posted 11 years ago #
  11. Brigitte Gant

Sorry, Barbara, but if you are all going on Friday I shall already have been there and bought the place up on the Thursday. As I am driving to Ally Pally, I do not fancy the home journey on a Friday up the M1.
    First of all hello to Mii. You don't have to be mad to belong to this outfit, but it sure helps. In all the years of being a member there have only two fellow travellers I would not care to come across again,one on the Dutch Tour and one more recent. (know who I mean, Barbara?) As for the rest of us, we are all absobloomenlutely lovely, bordering onto fabulous.
    Yes, I got back from Germany on Wednesday evening, then having to set off early Thursday to near Winchester. DH was stranded at his daughter's. He left same day as I to spend two days with her and Ivy before going on to Exmoor for a motorbike thingy. The silly fool managed to get himself admitted to Basingstoke Hospital after the first day with breathing problems which, as they diagnosed after some consternation, was caused by pneumonia and pleurisy. A large dose of penicillin and antibiotics cleared it up quickly. However, it has knocked the stuffing out of him a bit and needs to take it slowly until he has three more stents fitted on 24th inst. We came home Friday afternoon. Kathryn driving his car with motorbike on trailer and then drove herself and Ivy back in same car minus trailer. After a trip to Dunstable at 10 pm to the out of hours surgery because his temperature was up slightly, I was pleased the sun was shining this morning so he could sit outside. He is not an easy patient, (wonder what his last slave died of?) and soon I will not have any tongue left. Thank goodness, I have my stitching to calm me down and you lot to let off steam - even if nobody reads this.

Posted 11 years ago #
  12. Barbara Stone

Oh Brigitte, you've had it rough haven't you. You had a good time in the Fatherland (I presume) and then you get home to that worry. Hope everything heals up quickly, and he won't need a slave. Anyway, as I said, there's no worry about you buying everything on the Thursday because I don't intend to buy anything at Ally Pally, and neither does my mum, (now where have I heard that before), but I'll be very sorry not to meet up with you again and share news. And yes, I do have a good memory of the Dutch tour, and this one is even more recent. I've managed to put all the bad memories of that tour to the back of my mind, and hope that nothing like that will happen again. It gives a bad taste in the mouth doesn't it? Hope you're feeling better now that you've managed to let off a bit of steam.

Posted 11 years ago #
  13. Hello Brigitte. Glad you had a good trip even though your home coming left a bit to be desired. Hope himself will soon be well again. I have spent several hours today with a brother starting on clearing out the flat of my Auntie who has moved herself into a care home due to her arthritis. Found a family tree and find I am partly French, relatives born in Amiens and thereabouts in 17th and 18th centuries. Haven't as yet got to the last page so who knows what is there except that my grandmother was a Hunter - could be Scottish or Irish. No one need make any comment about my ancestry thank you all! Not sure about Ally Pally as have family staying on 11th and 12th.

Posted 11 years ago #
  14. Hi Brigitte. Sorry you've had such a rotten time. Hope everything sorts it's self out soon. Will look forward to catching up with you again at Ally Pally. I'm going with my daughter on the Thursday. Don't know how we're getting there yet but the tickets are ordered so will make it somehow.
    See you there. Sally

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.