The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

CSG weekend in November

(100 posts)
  • Started 11 years ago by Christine Berrett
  • Latest reply from Barbara Stone

No tags yet.

1. Actually Helen you haven't got that quite right. Forgive me if I correct you but in the Midgley household it's one more sleep and one sleepless night (too excited to sleep you see).

Hands up all those who think they won't sleep on Thursday night either - yes - here we go, 1, 2, 3, 4 - oh flip another 10 over there, yes, and 2 more further up...........

Honestly - there are times when I doubt the sanity of us all!

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. Brenda, Barbara, Christine
    Mick says he's had far too much information now - he's going to have nightmares
    Hope Bill doesn't read our conversations or he might not come to Leicester
    Helen

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

I think Bill knows us all well enough by now...

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. Auntie Beryl

If he doesnt he is not the man I thought he was . Actually I think he knows us TOO well.

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Yo Auntie Beryl, I suspect you are right!

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. Brenda
    Did you sleep last night?
    Only 1 more sleep(less) to go
    Helen

Posted 11 years ago #
  7. Helen - Yo! - zonked out in true Midgley style last night - head - pillow - bonk - gone. No hang on a minute - miss out the third word - God what have I just said! There was no hanky panky in the Midgley household last night - I just meant that the head and pillow met and I was gone. One of these days I shall get myself in so much trouble Jane'll ban me from the Guild.

Now coming up to quarter past 4 and I have more or less finished my packing. It's not so much the clothes you want to take as the sorting out of the stitchy stuff that you just must have with you. The bed in the spare room has been smothered all week with scissors/rulers/bags/raffle prize/stitched stuff/ etc etc and I've added something here, taken away something there; sorted out a book to take, changed my mind and opted for a different one instead - why am I telling you this - it's probably just the same in your house!

Last sleep tonight - and I should be able to as I've worked like a trojan today but I can hazard a guess as to what will happen - we shall have our evening meal, turn the television on and then I shall just slide sideways on the sofa and be no trouble to anyone, and then come beddy-byes time I shall be waking up!

Oh well, popping off now - see you all tomorrow - couple of final things to chuck in the case - now where did I put that thong and the high heels........

Posted 11 years ago #
  8. Andrea Thompson

Brenda's last post and the whole 5 pages of posts on this topic made me smile today.

I recently joined a cycling club and they have a members forum, a bit like ours. I'd say the vast majority of the members are men and certainly there are only a handful of posts on their forum by women.

I was chatting to a colleague of mine who is also in the cycling club and I told him that the biggest difference I've noticed between mostly male and mostly female forums are about how the posts on any one subject evolve.

On the cycling forum, if someone posts up about a new wheel they have found then all the comments will be wheel related. Even if the conversation gones on over 3/4 pages, it will be wheels all the way.

Now on here....

We can start a conversation about the subject topic. By the bottom on page one the subject being discussed would have morphed into something else. By the time you get to page 5 we are getting an update from Brenda about her "private" life and talking about thermal thongs....

We may not post as frequently and as often as they do on the cycling forum, but we certainly have the most entertaining conversations!!

Posted 11 years ago #
  9. Barbara Stone

And I bet our posts are a lot more fun than those on a cycling forum! I've just put a couple more things in the case and worked out what I've got to take with me, sorted out the route in the car, filled it up with petrol, so I'm now almost ready. Mustn't forget my insulin, otherwise I'm going to be snookered but I'm nearly there. Yippee, only l more sleep to go. See you all tomorrow, and Anne I've just put the harpoon in the case!!!!!

Posted 11 years ago #
  10. Brigitte Gant

Thinking of you all, girls, nearly getting to your destination. Have a brilliant weekend. And if you get the time, do some stitching, too.

Posted 11 years ago #
  11. Andrea Thompson

This is the first time I've taken my laptop to a CSG weekend, and it's Sunday night before I've even thought of going online. Busy weekend!
    so, so impressed with Hardwick Hall. I had no idea there were so many Tapestries and embroideries there.
    Beautiful place, and cold!

We are still waiting for Brenda's floorshow though....

Posted 11 years ago #
  12. I'm now on -1 sleep & back at work
    Thanks everyone for yet another wonderful weekend
    Think it will take the ribs a while to stop aching from all the laughter
    Looking forward to seeing you all again soon

Andrea - mine laptp didn't even get out of the bag
    Helen

Posted 11 years ago #
  13. 140559

Great weekend. Only wish I'd been able to do more. Hardwick Hall - wow! I've never seen so many huge pieces of needlework. I would have liked it to have been a tad warmer there though! I really enjoyed myself and finally got to meet Barbara - the first of many meetings I hope. It's a shame we never got to see Brenda's thermal thong - maybe we'll see it in France! Thank you to Jane and Bill for arranging a wonderful weekend. Alison xxx

Posted 11 years ago #
  14. Jean Strange

Hi Everyone
    Lovely weekend in Leicester. Hardwick Hall absolutely fantastic!! Good to say "Hello" to all those people I had met before and great to put some faces to names of people here on the forum.
    On Sunday evening someone asked me about the chart for my "Counting Bats" Bring and Brag. As I said it is a Just Nan chart that I brought back from the USA a couple of years ago. I have just been on the Sew and Sew web site and they have the chart and embellishment pack available for £12 something (can't remember the pennies) hope this will help.

Posted 11 years ago #
  15. Yes what a great weekend, roll on the next one. Have just spoken with my friend Caroline in Lincs, she and husband were shopping in Fosse Park on Friday evening and she had forgotten I was a stone's throw away! Perhaps she will join us another time as she is a stitcher.

Posted 11 years ago #
  16. SallyH

It was a very good weekend. Great people, lovely food and yet again a wonderful project. Sorry if I disappeared on the station Jean and Fiona,but my seat was right at the front of the train. I had no trouble at Southampton as my train came in on the same platform. Thank you for your company and hope we meet again soon. Sally

Posted 11 years ago #
  17. Barbara Stone

Had a really good time at Leicester and it was great to meet up with everybody again, and Alison for the first time. Now I'm looking forward to Christmas. Hope to see lots of people again then. And thanks Christine, I'm now back!!

Posted 11 years ago #
  18. What a great weekend that was!! Loved it!! Sadly, won't be at Jane's at Christmas as its the weekend of my mum's 90th birthday and I feel I should be here! No really, I should.... !!

Posted 11 years ago #
  19. annew

A big thank you to all the lovely ladies who were so patient with me
    hobbling around in Leicester. I had a wonderful time mostly due to
    my "carers" Pat Monica Helen Sally and Barbara (with harpoon) who insisted
    that I made the effort and didn't sit at home feeling sorry for myself.
    Thank you all so much. xxx

Posted 11 years ago #
  20. Barbara Stone

Any time Anne, the harpoon is always at the ready should you need it. Glad you enjoyed yourself, and we're really glad you had such a lovely time. It was great to see you again, and now you'll soon be whizzing around, so that we won't be able to keep up with you. Hope you're feeling lots better.

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.