The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

More trouble

(8 posts)
  • Started 11 years ago by Brigitte Gant
  • Latest reply from Barbara Stone

No tags yet.

1. Brigitte Gant

Called the ambulance on Wednesday afternoon to take DH into hospital. Tests and x ray showed he had lots of fluid on lungs which would only have increased had he stayed at home. I had intimated on Tuesday that it might be better for him to be in hospital when the answer came: you just don't want to look after me. So I feel rather vindicated that he would not have gotten better at home under my tender care. Now I am running a rut in the road between here and Milton Keynes. On top of it all get Ivy dropped off here today as parents want to go to the party which had been arranged weeks ago. Never occurred to them to change their plans. I declined the offer to babysit Ivy all night at Kay's friend's house in Milton Keynes so they could go on to the clubs instead of getting back here after the pub. I dare not be away from home overnight anyway as my daughter (the marathon girl) is very poorly, having to go into hospital on 27th to have abscess drained. If she gets a bad attack in the night SIL will have to be able to drop off boys at my house. Stents due on Tuesday will have to be postponed now as DH won't be out of hospital by then.

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. 140559

No! That's dreadful news Brigitte. Am sending all my love to you and I really hope that things pick up soon. Try to keep positive. Alison xxx

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. parddu

Oh dear Brigitte you are having a bad time of it. Do remember in the midst of all this to look after yourself. I hope things improve very soon. Love,
    Rosemary

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. Barbara Stone

Oh Brigitte, I'm so sorry for you. Hope that everything starts to improve very soon, and you won't be so frazzled as you obviously are now. Postitive vibes are on their way to you. All love. Barbara

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. Hi Brigitte. The same from me also .So sorry to hear your news and hope that everything starts to get better soon. Love Sally.

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. Thinking of you Brigitte. Look after yourself, can't have you going downhill as well xx

Posted 11 years ago #
  7. Brigitte Gant

What a day! Yesterday early afternoon I thought DH was more positiv. By later visit it was all doom and gloom again. I felt like asking if I should order the box now. He is also blanking out the fact that we had news that his mother (92) was getting weaker. Elder (step)daughter dashes over from Gloucester. Four little kiddlies dropped off here needing some lunch. I am not close to DH's mother, but that's beside the point. They drained a litre of fluid off DH's lungs today. If xrays are okay he might get discharged tomorrow. I just hope he will stop this negative outlook soon as it is doing my head in. My elder daughter and I have vowed that by hook or by crook we will get to my younger daughter's wedding in Norfolk on 4th August, even if I have to push her in a wheelchair.

Posted 11 years ago #
  8. Barbara Stone

Brigitte, I expect that as he's not feeling too well, every little upset is making his mental state worse, so as he starts getting better, he'll be more upbeat about things. But he's only a man, and we all know how men are when they're not well. Do hope that things start to improve very soon, and you'll be your normal smiley person again. Just keep focused on your daughters wedding, and think how lovely you'll look in the photos. All our love.

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.