The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Olympics

(8 posts)

No tags yet.

1. Hi Su Good to hear from you in the group.I shall only be watching the Olympics from my window. Most of the time I will be at my Church where we are holding an exhibition of the three local embroidery groups in Weymouth plus there are lots of other local people doing their thing. The exhibition goes on for a fortnight,so we are very busy making sure we have plenty of exhibits. I look forward to seeing your stitching .I love your tin etc. in Itch to Stitch. Sally

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. 140559

Did you go down to the beach last night? It looked wonderful. Alison xxx

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. No . Keith and I didn't go but our daughter,her husband and family did and they had a lovely time. Sally

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Very impressive opening ceremony, I must say!

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. Barbara Stone

Totally agree. Made me proud to be British! And I was extremely impressed with the cauldron, and how it was made, but apparently some Londoners are complaining that its too low, and can't be seen from outside the Olympic arena. Some people are never satisfied.

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. Su Maddocks

Hi guys - I thought the opening ceremony was a total triumph - my only upset was the sight of Casius Clay being "dragged out" again - as a retired nurse I worry that his mental capacity was not up to making the decision himself and my heart went out to him if others decided for him - such a great man in his day

Posted 11 years ago #
  7. 140559

I agree. In his time he was an amazing sportsman but it's really upsetting to see how a cruel disease has left him a shell of his former self. I think he should be left alone and given some dignity. Alison xxx

Posted 11 years ago #
  8. Barbara Stone

Quite agree with all comments re: Cassius Clay. If it were a member of one of the organising committee's family being shown off, I don't think they would allow it, so why should they do so, with somebody who was once a 'name'? It was totally cruel, especially as it appeared that he had no idea what was happening, and his attendant had to tell him what was going on.

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.