The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Harrogate Show

(43 posts)
  • Started 11 years ago by franfletcher
  • Latest reply from Monica Langstaff

Tags:

1. Barbara Stone

Well I'm glad you all had a nice time at Harrogate, and like Brenda I'm intrigued about the Thursford Christmas Spectacular.
    Brenda, I'm so glad you can now tell me all about the trolley buses in Stratford. It's been worrying me, that I didn't know what routes there were. Mind you I WAS to young to remember them - in 1958 I was 4!!!
    It's been freezing cold here for the last few days - we've gone from the sublime to the ridiculous. However, as you say, spring is just around the corner, which means that we've got Jane's Christmas weekend very soon, and the French holiday is approaching soon.
    Yippee!!!

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. Barbara - you wuz only 4 - er - I'm feeling a bit deflated now. I was a bit older than that............, which also makes me older now as well. Think I'll change the subject.

Someone's sent me some absolutely gorgeous photos via the internet. I'll e-mail on to you. Entitled 'Beautiful World' - and it truly is.

Have a lovely day a Jane's. Hugs. Brenda

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. Brenda - I thought the same as you, why did we not exchange addresses! Anyway Happy Christmas to everyone and to those who are going - enjoy the stitching day at Pinks. As to Thursford Spectacular, well it is in Norfolk near Fakenham. It has been on for at least 32 years and is held for about 6 weeks until 23rd December, two performances a day for three hours each. My friends in Lincs discovered it three years ago after they moved up there and their village send loads of people, mind you none of them drive far as no motorways up there and so several stay overnight but us southerners drive 2 hours each way and have a fish and chip supper before we go in. The performance is singing, dancing, a comic, a juggler, bagpipes and drums and more, fantastic. Thursford is actually a museum of steam engines and fairground attractions which is open all the year round and we are thinking of going in the summer when I am visiting next. Could be my or Caroline's birthday treat, this year it was a speedway meet at Leicester! Not that my birthday is in July when I go but Caroline's is. Had a Rotary Ladies night last Friday in Lincs and have lunch today with oldies and helpers from the former Day Centre at the local Cottage Hospital, my Keith used to drive their mini-bus. And retired scouters and other halves next week, not too bad foodwise but it will be a definite cutback in the New Year. HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND BEST WISHES FOR 2013 XXX

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.