The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

I am SO confused

(6 posts)
  • Started 11 years ago by Su Maddocks
  • Latest reply from Christine Berrett

No tags yet.

1. Su Maddocks

Hi ladies - I am confused about Jane's web page header. If I log on via my main PC I get the Noel Christmas header but when I look at the site from my Experia phone, either via google or the CSG App, I still see the original header despite everything else being up to date - can anyone explain why to me ?

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. Janet Nicholl

I had the same - it was there, then it wasn't. I remembered being told this can happen if your phone has cached the web page in memory and thinks you are looking at the same one and retrieves from memory rather than downloading again. I tried refreshing both my pc page and my ipad page and the new header seems to have stuck this time. Don't know if it will work but might be worth a go. XX J

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Could be the cache. I don't clear out my cache as a rule and when I access the CSG site as normal (set up as a favourite) then I get the old header. If I open a different browser, or an incognito window (no cache) then I get the Noel header.

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Moreover, I've just tried opening the page as normal (old window) then refreshed the page and voila! Noel appears as if by magic :oD

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. Brigitte Gant

Short answer, no. I cannot explain it. Don't even understand the question.

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. Jean Strange

Hadn't even noticed but have always gone in via "favourites". Went in via Google search and got Noel header then went back in via Favourits and got the Noel header there too. Don't understand but still have got the Christmassy header now.

Posted 11 years ago #
  7. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

To anyone out there who is still getting the old header and would like the Noel header, click 'refresh' or press F5 and it should appear as if by magic...
    (probably)

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.