The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Bad weather

(5 posts)

No tags yet.

1. 140559

Here's hoping that everyone is safe and dry. The film on tv of flooded houses is awful and I can't imagine just how dreadful it must be to have raw sewage running through your house. As we live on the top of a hill we don't have a problem with flooding but the wind can get bad - yesterday Ray had to go out and reattach the shed roof! Anyway, I hope everyone is safe, warm and dry. Alison xxx

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. Brigitte Gant

It must be an absolute nightmare for so many people. For years we live alongside the Grand Union Canal and never got flooded. The thought of dirty water running through my house fills me with horror. My heart goes out to those people who have to battle with the elements.

By the way, how are you doing, Alison? I hope to get to see you soon.

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. 140559

Hi Brigitte! I'm at home, as next surgery won't be till next year. At the moment I'm on some new drugs which are taking some getting used to, and I'm only on half the dose at the moment! If you're free at all we could try and grab a coffee. Xxx

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. Barbara Stone

Hi to all from rain soaked Bristol. When I go to my class, I have to go alongside a field that is a flood plain for the river. Last Thursday, the river and canal alongside it, had joined up and the water stretched for 60metres. There were swans swimming on the field!!! The football and rugby pitches were under 3 foot of water, so the only games they could have played were in a canoe. But here in Bristol, we've had two fatalities so far, and I'm thanking heaven we live on top of a hill. But I do feel so sorry for anybody who has been flooded, and hope that everybody reading this is safe and haven't got water running through their houses. By the way, has anybody heard if Jane is suffering in Fairford? The river there can rise quite horribly and has been known to flood in the past.

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. 140559

I heard from Jane yesterday and she said they were fine so far. Xxx

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.