The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Hemstress Sampler

(5 posts)
  • Started 11 years ago by Carol
  • Latest reply from Auntie Beryl

No tags yet.

1. Carol

Hi all

I am doing the Hemstress sampler which was in Stitch That issues 61 - 63 and have got to the 2nd part. But I am a bit worried about how to do the hemstitch Box - do I cut the threads? Is the hemstitch worked with the horizontal bar against the cut edge or the legs. What does it mean by saying "leave a 2 thread border at the sides" I have done hardanger and the hemstitch bands but this is worrying me a lot, so much so I have moved on to doing Christmas labels. I would be so grateful for any advice

Carol

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. Jean Strange

Hi Carol
    Do you have a copy of The New Cross Stitcher's Bible? If you do there are good instructions for this and diagrams on pages 114/115. It is difficult to explain without diagrams but I will try if you don't have a copy of the "Bible".

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. Carol

Hi Jean

Thanks for replying. I only have the original Cross Stitch Bible but I have had a go at this section of the band and surprisingly managed to do it somehow. It looks quite good and I am pleased with it. I have put a picture on the Itch to Stitch group on yahoo and I will be putting a new picture soon because I have now progressed quite well and have nearly finished it. My mind is now racing on about what to do next but this may have to wait until after Christmas when all my visitors have gone home.

Carol

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Looking good, Carol!

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. Auntie Beryl

Well Done ! Carol . you never know how clever you are until you try ! I remember the first time I did hemstitch at home , all on my own ,it was wonderful ! There will be no stopping you now !

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.