The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Stolen Moments Band Sampler

(6 posts)
  • Started 11 years ago by Michelle Gladwish
  • Latest reply from Barbara Stone

No tags yet.

1. Hi All

Happy New Year to you all.

I was wondering if anyone could offer me advice on the Stolen Moments Band Sampler which I want to purchase.

I notice it states not for the novice. I have been cross stitching for 40+ years but only recently have tried Hardanger - it doesn't look too bad just wondered if its too difficult. I can manage Hardanger easily enough but nothing too complicated just yet.

Would appreciate your help and advice. Thanks Michelle

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

I'd say go for it, anyone who has been stitching for 40+ years is hardly a novice!

As far as I remember, there are only a couple of small Hardanger pieces in the sampler, and it IS a gorgeous sampler to work (imho).

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. Jean Strange

It is a lovely sampler to work.

Just looked at mine to check on what stitches there are.

It does only have 1 section of Hardanger and a number of different hemstitch variations and a few other stitches such as french and bullion knots. I am sure you would enjoy stitching it. It is a narrow sampler so there aren't too many of these stitches to do.

If you have a copy of The New Cross Stitchers Bible you should have no problems.

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. Barbara Stone

Go for it Michelle. Its not too difficult, and you'll feel extremely chuffed when you've finished doing it. Enjoy yourself.

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. Hello Ladies

Thank you so much for all your comments - I will go for it then - probably get it from Jane at one of the shows. Its such a nice piece that I know I will enjoy stitching it.

I have The New Cross Stitchers Bible so I'm all set.

Best wishes - keep warm and well the white stuff is on its way!

Michelle x

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. Barbara Stone

The white stuff is here!!! Bristol normally doesn't get much - something to do with its position, but today we've had at least 4 inches of it, and it doesn't appear to be going. Hope everybody keeps warm and well, and doesn't get too snowed in. Its a good excuse to do some sewing.

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.