The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

This year stinks already.

(6 posts)
  • Started 11 years ago by Brigitte Gant
  • Latest reply from Monica Langstaff

No tags yet.

1. Brigitte Gant

Well, apart from the shakey start of the the year, it has been going downhill since then. We went to Gloucester last weekend despite DH suffering with a bit of sciatica to mind the quartet overnight till the local grandparents could come and get them. The time sitting in the car did not help and by Sunday evening DH was virtually immobile and took to his bed where he stayed till yesterday afternoon. Two days of hot and cold application while trying to keep livley Elias under control, too. My daughter was so poorly again on Monday that she could not take care of the little chap. Her tummy was swelling up, but by evening she felt a bit better. However, by Tuesday mid-morning her temperature was going up again and I took her to see the doctor who gave her a letter and told her to go home, pack a bag and get to the hospital. The internal bruise (as diagnosed as the previous week turned out to be an abscess and maybe a fistula. The abscess has been drained now, but we still don't know how successful it has been or when she can come home. So I am at my daughter's again during the day and doing the Jo Jingles stints again until further notice. Not much stitching getting done, nor much progress with the knitted dinosaurs for Isaac and Elias. I have managed to declutter 5 drawers so far. Beginning to wonder if I will ever get through the rest.

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. SallyH

Hi Brigitte. You poor thing. I hope that everything sorts it's self out and that your daughter and DH soon start to improve. It sounds as though you are having a really rotten time. Thinking of you. Sally

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. annew

Hello Brigitte, So sorry to read that you are in the thick of it
    again. I do hope they are soon fit and well and that you will all
    be smiling again when the sun comes out. Roll on April.
    Best wishes Anne W

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. Barbara Stone

Oh Brigitte, it doesn't sound as though the start of this year, is going to be any better than the end of last year. Lets hope that your daughter will soon improve and be able to get home - abscesses can be very difficult to drain properly sometimes, (and sorry to look on the black side) but we can all keep our fingers crossed, and hope that DH will be able to move about freely and be free of pain. In the meantime, keep your spirits up, and you've definitely got April to look forward to. We'll look after you when you get on the coach. Keep smiling, and all love and best wishes.

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. Flee

Thinking of you B - big hugs xxx

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. Really sorry to hear the news Brigitte, hopefully as the weather improves (whenever that is) things will for you xx

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.