The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

half stitch hell

(14 posts)
  1. MORTON

When doing a half stitch should it go the same way as the top or bottom half of the stitch?

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. Barbara Stone

Don't know about everybody else, but I do it as the bottom half of the stitch.

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. SallyH

Me to. I always do it as the bottom half of the stitch.

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. 140559

Me three! Nice to know it looks like I'm doing something right for once, or at least I'm in good company!

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Me four !!!!

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. Ah - well I always do the top! A doctor once told me I was odd so looks like he was right! I like to think I am different.

Posted 11 years ago #
  7. Rita Barron

I always do it as the bottom half of the stitch but thinking about it perhaps it should be done as the top half as when finished they will all look the same?! Not sure?????

Posted 11 years ago #
  8. MORTON

Arrgggghhhhh I have always done it as bottom half but when I started my latest project for some reason questioned myself on it. Now I don't know what to do. Thanks for the responses .

Posted 11 years ago #
  9. Barbara Stone

I've been doing a project that required the back-ground to be done in half cross stitch, and because I do it as the bottom half, it made it stand out more, cos it was a different way. However, as you've done it as the bottom half in the past, I'd carry on doing exactly what you've always done. If it aint broke, don't fix it!!!

Posted 11 years ago #
  10. MORTON

Thanks, that's kinda what I thought. It's so difficult as I don't think there r any right or wrongs in this x

Posted 11 years ago #
  11. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

I agree, there are no right or wrongs - just be consistent within the same piece of work!

Posted 11 years ago #
  12. Hi, I'm with Monica. I always do them the same as the top half
    But, as Christine says so long as you are consistent then nothing is wrong

Posted 11 years ago #
  13. RozMinis
    Blocked

Sheesh, I've done it a couple of times on projects, but never given it much thought. Make that any thought. However, having had a think about it, remembering it was in the last century, I did it the same as the bottom half, which in my case is bottom left to top right - if you see what I mean.

Posted 11 years ago #
  14. Jane N

Like Helen and Monica, I've always done half-cross stitch the same direction as my top stitch for a full cross stitch, but again, I don't think there's a right or wrong answer to this. It's just a matter of personal choice, in the same way as choosing the direction of the top stitch on cross stitch itself: I know the direction most people do is not the same as the direction I use, but who cares - consistency is everything :-)

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.