The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

needle threaders

(5 posts)

No tags yet.

1. 140559

Since my latest surgery has left me with. No feeling down my right side, I'm going to have to learn to stitch left handed with a frame. However I don't see how I'm going to thread needles one handed. So I wondered has anyone had any experience of the various theaders on the market and give me advice on the best one to buy. Alison xxx

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. Hi Alison
    I'm so sorry to hear about the surgery, but glad you're not giving up on the stitching.
    Unfortunately I can't help with the needle threader question
    Helen

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. Brigitte Gant

Perhaps a doorstop type pin cushion, into which zou can stick the needle, then thread it. Don't give up on getting the use of your other arm back.

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. Alison. Atta girl, you can do it I know. Can't help with needle threaders but Brigitte's idea seems a good one. xx

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. RozMinis
    Blocked

Go it girl, you will be able to do it, I know, been there, seen it, done it, just haven't been able to find a T-shirt that says so! ;)

After my right thumb was crushed and nearly severed in a car accident a year last August I really struggled to use my right hand at all. Luckily I did have the use of my fingers, after a fashion, but sometimes had to ask for help when it came to threading needles, as well as fixing the material into the frame. I've never found any needle threader that actually works, though I have several.

Keep trying flower, I'm sure you will get there in the end. I know I did, so I'm sure you can. ;)

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.