The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

How wide are the metres & half-metres of linen?

(6 posts)
  • Started 11 years ago by Marie Stein
  • Latest reply from Barbara Stone

Tags:

1. Marie Stein

I want to order some of the 28 count linen but I'm a bit confused about the actual measurements of the different sizes available in the CS shop. I see from the catalogue that a fat quarter is 50 x 70 cm and a long quarter is 24 x 140 cm, but what is the width of the half metre and metres? Can anybody help?

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. Jean Strange

Hi Marie
    A fat qaurter is half a metre (50 cms) by half the width of the fabric (70 cms) so the linen is 140cms wide, like the long quarter which is the whole width by a quarter metre. Hope this helps.

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

As Jean says, the linen is 140cm wide. A long quarter would actually be 25cm x 140cm.

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. Marie Stein

Thank you ladies, yes that all makes sense now. So if you get a metre of the material, then you'd actually get 100cm x 140 cm, which will do 2 - 3 large projects or several smaller one.

Now all I have to do is to decide which, of the many beautiful designs, I want to start first!

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. Brigitte Gant

% § & / ( "ß´(!%)=???? enough already of the numbers. They confuse me.

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. Barbara Stone

I know the feeling Brigitte - when I'm working out material for patchwork, I find the final number, then cross my fingers that I've worked it out right, and not made some basic error in arithmatic. (And I did learn it at school, but that was a long time ago and I'm a bear of very little brain!)

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.