The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Sewing for Pleasure NEC Birmingham

(6 posts)
  • Started 11 years ago by Sandra Harris
  • Latest reply from Barbara Stone
  1. Sandra Harris

Hi everyone. Sorry I've not been in touch for some time but my husband has been very ill. I thought he wouldn't see Christmas but he did ( just ) and he's improving very slowly every day now.
    Anyway back to other important matters - do any of you know if Jane is going to be at the Birmingham show in March? I thought I saw her listed but I can't find her on the list now. I know she'll be in London the week before and even though we all think of her as 'wonder woman' two shows within a week is enough to frighten anyone.
    I have 2 coaches going from South Wales to Birmingham and only have a few seats left. Most of the ladies come to my classes and I've told them so much about Jane they're looking forward to seeing her. ( OOOPS ). We've been doing hardanger and so want to see Jane's. Wonder if anyone fancies London instead !!!!!!

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Sandra

Sorry to hear about your husband's problems, but very pleased that he is getting better now.

It definitely doesn't look like Jane will be at Birmingham in March. As you say, she doesn't appear to be on the list of contributors, and - crucially - it is NOT listed under Events on the CSG website, whereas the London show IS listed. QED.

Christine

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. Brigitte Gant

Sorry to hear about your husband, Sandra. Glad to learn he is doing okay again, though. I know what you went through. I had this situation last summer. Keeping fingers crossed that all keeps going well.

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. Sandra Harris

Thank you both for your kind thoughts.

I've had a message from Jane and sadly she won't be in Birmingham. I'm now trying to work out if I can hijack 1 of the coaches a week earlier and go to London instead !!!!
    Guess I'm going to wait until Ally Pally in October. I'd love to join you all at Jane's one day but it's almost impossible these days. To go to a show I have to make sure my son is not working that day. He 'daddy sits' while I get some 'me' time. He's a good lad. That's why I organise the coach so that I get to choose the day and pick-ups and times. My driving is non existant these days.
    Christine, your QED at the end of your reply made me smile and brought back many memories of my old maths teacher. When asked why he put QED on the blackboard ( no calculators, computers or horrible white boards in those days ) at the end of his lesson his reply was 'QUITE EASILY DONE'. On seeing us confused he'd say ' well I find it easy '. It took some time to find out what it stood for ( in Latin of course) and as I'm sure you've that I still can't remember it !!!

Love to all

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Yup, I always think of it as "quite easily done" :o)

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. Barbara Stone

Sandra, so sorry to hear that your husband has been so ill. Hope he soon gets better and I look forward to seeing you at Ally Pally later on in the year, if we can arrange a day. Take care and hope for his better health this year.

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.