The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Spring Knitting & Stitch show

(13 posts)

Tags:

1. carly

Hooray! My tickets for Spring Knitting and Stitch Show arrived this morning. So. Very. Excited. I am bringing a friend and we are taking in a workshop by CSG - hardanger for horrified. Also bringing my daughter (she will be 3 months old) to get her bitten by the craft bug early. Hope to see some of you there!

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. Tina Lamborn

Hello,

I am going on the Thursday, if you are that day guess it will be easy to see you with a little 3month old. Hope to meet you there. Tina

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. Ann S

For the first time in years I'm not going to this show as I'm going away on the 18th and felt I needed time to prepare, leave food etc for DH. I must admit, I'm beginning to get withdrawal symptoms so, who knows if I'll give in (and then pay full price)?
    Anyway, hope those who do go will enjoy their visits and be able to report back on this restyled event.
    Looking forward to meeting some of you on the French holiday.

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. carly

Hello Tina, sadly I am going on Friday so will not see you. Saw Jane on TV yesterday demonstrating hardanger and its got me ready to learn it. Thinking of getting the e-book, has anyone got it?

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. Jean Strange

Yes got the e-book illustrations etc great. The printed off charts are really clear and a good size to work from too. I have both Jane's e-books and find them easy to use. I think you will enjoy using it.

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. carly

Thanks Jean, I may get it after I have been to the show.

Posted 11 years ago #
  7. Tina Lamborn

Hello Carly, Well maybe we will meet up some other time. I bought Jane's ebook on Hardanger and it is worth every penny. All explained straight forwardly and you can look up and watch any stitches you wish to know about when using them. I have finally mastered hardanger without waking up my neighbours!!! I also have the istitch video but do not find that so easy to work with, maybe I just need more practice. Tina

Posted 11 years ago #
  8. SallyH

Have just arrived home after a wonderful day out at the stitching show. I must say that it was much improved this year with much more to do with knitting and stitching and not so much emphasis on card making.It was well worth going to. Sally

Posted 11 years ago #
  9. carly

Had an absolutely lovely day at the show today and darling daughter managed to sleep while my friend and I tried to master hardanger. Bought the ebook so look forward to using that soon. Show was much easier to walk around too with more aisle space and more seating available. Fabulous show, definitely going again next year but will take a packed lunch as food was a little overpriced.

Posted 11 years ago #
  10. carly

Had an absolutely lovely day at the show today and darling daughter managed to sleep while my friend and I tried to master hardanger. Bought the ebook so look forward to using that soon. Show was much easier to walk around too with more aisle space and more seating available. Fabulous show, definitely going again next year but will take a packed lunch as food was a little overpriced.

Posted 11 years ago #
  11. Tina Lamborn

Friend and I had fabulous day at the show. It was good to see so many different crafts, agree about the food being overpriced and I will take a sandwich next year. Everywhere was light and airy and plenty of space to move around. Good to talk to Jane and enjoyed spending money on her stand. Here's to next year

Posted 11 years ago #
  12. Brigitte Gant

The day was a tonic for me. Sorry, Sally, that I was so down. Thank you for listening.

Posted 11 years ago #
  13. Barbara Stone

Wanted to go to the show, and spent Saturday with my mother gently persuading her that she really wanted to go, but she said no. So there we were on Sunday afternoon, sitting in front of the telly, and she says, "you know, it would have been quite nice to have gone to the show after all!!!" Have you ever wanted to smack somebody? Never mind, the trip to France is only a few weeks away, and the prospect of shopping in a foreign language. See you on the coach.

Posted 11 years ago #
  14. SallyH

Sorry that you missed the show Barbara. It was much better than usual. You will have to make up for it when we go to Nantes next month. I hear that it should be a very good show there. Look forward to seeing you on the coach. Sally

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.