The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Butterfly Chatelaine Help Please

(10 posts)
  • Started 11 years ago by Hazel.Pepper
  • Latest reply from Hazel.Pepper
  1. Hazel.Pepper

I've just got my Butterfly Chatelaine kit and I'm confused, I'm hoping someone can help. To start with, do you have one long thing finished product, or do you make two separate bits. The pictures show two ends and pockets on the top of them, how does it work?

I'm lost and don't know where to start, so I would really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Hazel

I haven't stitched this kit myself so I'm afraid I can't help. However, I'm sure there will be somebody out there who has already done it and will be able to help you.

If need be, you could always contact Jane directly.

Good luck!

Christine

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. Janet Nicholl

Hi Hazel
    The chatelaine is one long piece and the pockets on the top are folded from the length of the linen band.
    The best way to start would be to work one end leaving enough to be able to form the point for the end then fold and pin the pocket above your stitching.
    Put the chatelaine round your neck and decide where you want the pocket the other side fold and pin it and then work the other end of the chatelaine making sure you work on the right side and you haven't twisted it.
    X J

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. Janet Nicholl

If you are a member of Itch to Stitchers - see "sticky" mail at the top of the forum - you can send me a mail direct and I will send you some photos and a bit more info. I don't want to put my email address on here as it is an open forum although Christine does a great job moderating - Thanks Christine!

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Thanks Janet!

I would definitely recommend NOT posting email addresses on here, but if necessary I can act as a go-between for forum members.

Why don't you take some close-up photos of your chatelaine and post them on Itch to Stitchers anyway?

Christine

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. Janet Nicholl

Will try and sort some photos tomorrow. May not be until later in the day as I have a meeting around an hours drive away and it will depend on the weather as to when I need to leave and if or when I get back!! Threat of white stuff here tomorrow so will see what we wake up to.

Hazel - I hope my note above will help you to start with. :-)

Posted 11 years ago #
  7. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

There is a photograph of the two ends of the butterfly chatelaine on Jane's Journal - you can click on the following link to view the picture if you don't want to go digging...

http://janesjournal.thecrossstitchguild.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Chatelaine-pack-.jpg

This is possibly the same photograph as the front of the kit packaging?

It shows the stitching beautifully, but it isn't totally clear how the pockets are constructed.

Posted 11 years ago #
  8. Janet Nicholl

Lots of pictures with a note or two now in my photo album (Page 2) on Itch to Stitchers yahoo group site.
    Snow here so abandoned going to my meeting at Bisley! Didn't fancy driving in this as it's mainly cross country rather than A roads although the main road I can see from the window looks wet rather than slippery but if it freezes.........
    Staying warm and stitchy :-)

Posted 11 years ago #
  9. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Thanks for the photos, Janet. I think that makes it much clearer how the chatelaine is constructed.

Stay warm and dry and use the time to do lots of stitching!

Posted 11 years ago #
  10. Hazel.Pepper

Thanks Janet ( & Christine), I appreciate the help. My hubby read through the instructions & pointed out where it tells you what to do! Job swap, it's normally the other way around!

I'll defiantly be off to look at your pictures now.

Thanks

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.