The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Grandchild No. 9

(12 posts)
  • Started 11 years ago by Brigitte Gant
  • Latest reply from Brigitte Gant

No tags yet.

1. Brigitte Gant

Little chap arrived two weeks early. So I shan't have to worry when we set off on the tour. Although we are overjoyed that all went well and the baby is healthy, we have not recovered from the shock of the parents's intention of calling him Quest Aubrey. Why name a child after a TV channel? I stitched a little welcome card, but could not bring myself to include the name. My elder stepdaughter suggested a reference to Easter, so I put 'Welcome to our world - then a little motif - little Easter Chick' with the date underneath that. Although we can't wait to see the little fella tomorrow none of us are really looking forward to the visit. We are still in shock. As the surname begins with C, even my 8 year old granddaughter started going quackquack and waiving her elbows up and down when she put the initials together. When we tell people they are taken aback and then start laughing and ask why. Of course we cannot explain. My heart goes out to the boy. If they don't change their mind about the name he will suffer a lifetime of ridicule and teasing. Poor little chap.

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. carly

Congratulations on your newest grandchild!

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Congratulations, Brigitte!

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. Many congratulations Brigitte. Photos on the coach please xx

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. SallyH

Congratulations Brigitte. See you soon.X

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. Barbara Stone

Conratulations Brigitte, look forward to seeing all the photos I'm sure you will have taken. All love. xxx
    Talking about names, I had a patient the other day, and her parents had called her Ella Bella Mae, and insisted that all three names were used. Poor child, whats the betting that she drops one of those as soon as she's old enough?

Posted 11 years ago #
  7. Barbara Stone

Just realised that people might think I didn't like the names. All I meant to say was that all three names were a bit of a mouthful for a child.

Posted 11 years ago #
  8. parddu

Congratulations on the new grandson Brigitte. Do parents who choose "quirky" names ever look forward to the day when their cute baby is a terrible teenager or a grumpy middle-aged man?
    Rosemary

Posted 11 years ago #
  9. Brigitte Gant

Thank you for your good wishes, gals. We went to meet the little chap on Sunday afternoon. Of course, he is the cutest little bundle. The weird thing was that the 'name' never got said by anybody, not even by the parents. There is a glimmer of hope that it may be a working title, as my elder s.daughter told me of a conversation she had with her sister. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Posted 11 years ago #
  10. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Let's hope so, Brigitte.....

Posted 11 years ago #
  11. Ive only just seen this Christine! My four grandchildren are Catalina Jade, Isabella Poppy (they're okay names); Jackson Kai (mmm) and the lastest (and last) Bodie Reef. So you are not alone my dear!!
    Rach x

Posted 10 years ago #
  12. Brigitte Gant

Strangely enough, had I had a boy in Germany he would have been a Kai, a north German name, but in England that would not have worked.
    I am glad our newest grandson is now Hudson Quest. I can live with that and am busy with the birth sampler. DH brought the Welcome card back the other day with the request, if I could unpick 'little Easter chick' and stitch the name in.

Posted 10 years ago #
  13. Brigitte Gant

Last posting doubled up. Hence nothing in this box.

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.