The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Bargain of the day

(4 posts)
  • Started 11 years ago by Tinouche24
  • Latest reply from Brigitte Gant

No tags yet.

1. Tinouche24

Just popped into my local hobbycraft (I know don't swear at me) to kill a bit of time and saw a kit I wanted ages ago reduced to £10 from £35. However it was buy one get one free so after hunting around a bit and not really finding anything I saw a Maia kit but it had no picture asked the staff what they thought it might be, but they weren't sure. Eventually I found another kit for £10 plus some Belfast Linen at half price. As I paid for my goods (total cost £20.98), the member of staff threw in the Maia kit for free saying that it was unsellable in that condition. I have just checked on the internet for the full value of my bargains. The total cost should have been £110.74. So I have a kit that I really wanted at a bargain price and even if I only use the other two kits for spare fabric and threads for other stitching I have still well and truly covered my initial outlay.
    What other bargains have other people found?

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Wow, you got a real bargain there!

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. ladykrose

Great find! How lucky can you get? I'm so happy for you.

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. Brigitte Gant

It must be the stitchers' lucky week. I came home from France to find an email telling me I had won £50 credit for filling in a survey. I had great fun getting stuff together with only 8p to spare. Aaaaand I finally found the first part to the Valerie Lejeune alphabet book which I have been chasing ever since I got the second part on our first trip to Bruges.

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.