The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

I'm New!

(10 posts)
  • Started 11 years ago by Nicola Fisher
  • Latest reply from Christine Berrett

No tags yet.

1. Nicola Fisher

Hi everyone

I've just joined the CSG (literally 2 days ago - still waiting for my membership number to come through!), so I just thought I'd say hi and introduce myself to everyone.

Living in a male dominated house - one husband, four boys and two dogs - cross stitching tends to be my escape, so I have to say it's great to see so many ladies who are as mad about it as I am. I started stitching when I was at school and have been doing it for twenty something years now........like most people I tend to have several projects on the go at any one time, and I'm forever finding new things that I just have to start right now!! LOL

Anyway, that's a bit about me - I'm looking forward to getting to know you all a bit more!

Take care

Nicola

x

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. Auntie Beryl

Hi ! Nicola, Welcome to the CSG. Mad is the word and it sums us up nicely . If you really want to escape I can reccomend one of the weekends . I hope to meet up with you sometime Like you , I have two cross stitch things on the go plus two lots of knitting , and last Saturday I was at a Card-making workshop . Just counting the "sleeps" to Swindon on the 10th now . See you soon Beryl

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Hello Nicola, and welcome!

I'd just like to point out that stitchers are the only sane people, it's the rest who are mad...

Posted 11 years ago #
  4. Nicola Fisher

Ha ha - I think you're probably right Christine!!

Posted 11 years ago #
  5. Tina Lamborn

Hi Nicola, I am a relatively new member too and its great. I had a brilliant day at Pinks Barn earlier this month. Stayed o/n in the village pub which made my journey not so long. Met a like minded lady there and we chatted for about three hours over dinner and a very good wine! Hope you enjoy it and get to "play" at one of the events.

Posted 11 years ago #
  6. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

You're never far from like-minded ladies in the Cross Stitch Guild :o)

Posted 11 years ago #
  7. Brigitte Gant

Welcome to the mad house. Hope you like it here.

Posted 11 years ago #
  8. Barbara Stone

Welcome from me too, Nicola. Even if we are mad, its a nice madness, and gives you something to escape to when the rest of the world gets on top of you, and you'll always find a friend on the forum. Look forward (hopefully) to seeing you either at Pinks Barn or on a weekend away.

Posted 11 years ago #
  9. Nicola Fisher

Thanks for all the replies ladies, it's great to hear from all of you - my membership pack arrived today so I feel like a fully fledged member now! :-)

Posted 11 years ago #
  10. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

NO. NO. NO. Stitchers are sane, it's the rest who are mad....

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.