The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Lincoln

(15 posts)

No tags yet.

1. Flee

Hi,

Just wondering if any of you lovely stitchers can help. Is there a cross stitch shop in Lincoln? I see a wool shop on google but no stitching shops.

Thank you in advance .................

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. Hello Flee
    Just spoke to a friend who lives in Ruskington which is between Grantham and Sleaford. She says no stitching shop in Lincoln although there is a Dunelm Mill place which does a bit. Ruskington is a village but has a nice craft shop especially for patchwork but does knitting and cross stitch as well. Always a must for me when I am up there.

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Isn't it strange that a small village would have a nice craft shop, but a dirty great city does not?

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. Doesn't surprise me in the slightest! I live in Hull and just about the only needlecraft shops here now are The Range and Hobbycraft. I now do all my shoppng either online or when I make my annual pilgrimage to meet the outside world at Harrogate. Our nearest (and really nice) needlecraft shop - staffed by people who knew what they were talking about - shut when Hobbycraft opened. It is soooo frustrating.
    Rant over - hope everyone is well and enjoying a lovely sunny day.

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. Tinouche24

There used to be one on a corner just below the steep walk up to the cathedral. Whenever I was in Lincoln with work I used to pop in. However that was over 15 years ago!!!

Posted 10 years ago #
  6. Barbara Stone

What's a needlework shop? We don't have any such thing as one of those in Bristol, apart from (whisper it) Hobbycraft. I get some stuff on line from Sewandso, cos they are quite good at supplying things by next day delivery.

Posted 10 years ago #
  7. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

It's a real shame that the best (almost the only) stitching supplies are online :o(

Posted 10 years ago #
  8. Stitcher

Doesn't Creativity still exist off Whiteladies Road in Bristol? I know it is more of a general craft store but I can remember buying threads and fabric there.

Posted 10 years ago #
  9. Andrea Thompson

I watched the series Broadchurch and I couldn't help notice that the shop building next to the "newspaper office" was a stitching shop.
    Kept hoping they would pause outside it for a scene so I could have a butchers at the shop window behind.
    Wonder where it was filmed?

Posted 10 years ago #
  10. Jean Strange

I too would be interested in stitching shops in and around Lincoln as it looks like my daughter will be moving there soon. She is a stitcher as well so would be interested. I remember the shop off Whiteladies Road in Bristol as a brought up in Bristol person. I also went to Redland Teacher Training College which was at the top of Blackboy Hill. Often spent free time exploring the streets off the main road. I remember the most amazing cheese shop there somewhere, probably long gone like the stitching shops.

Posted 10 years ago #
  11. Stitcher

I remember the cheese shop too - it was just along the road from Creativity. I think there was also a pet shop.

I had a look on the internet after I posted my comment yesterday and Creativity seems to still be there.

Posted 10 years ago #
  12. Barbara Stone

Creativity is still there actually. However I don't often go there as although they are meant to carry the complete range of DMC and Anchor colours, every time I go there, they never have the colours I want. They seem to stock more things like paints, and brushes than sewing stuff, and the sewing stuff is shoved into a little corner of the shop. Their excuse when I asked was that more people were intrested in painting than in sewing. And sorry ladies, I haven't been able to find a cheese shop around that area. It must have gone, but the pet shop is still there.

Posted 10 years ago #
  13. Hi Andrea
    I heard that Broadchurch was filmed at West Bay in Dorset and it certainly looks like it, used to go there about a million years ago when the children were very small and it hasn't changed

Posted 10 years ago #
  14. Flee

Thank you any way ladies ...................

Posted 10 years ago #
  15. SallyH

Yes. Parts of Broadchurch were filmed in Westbay. It's about 20 mins. up the road from me and there' s been a lot about it in the local paper. To my knowledge there is no stitching shop there and I've been there any amount of times and am sure I would have found it if there was.

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.