The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Working with light coloured thread on light coloured linen

(3 posts)
  • Started 11 years ago by Tina Lamborn
  • Latest reply from Tina Lamborn

No tags yet.

1. Tina Lamborn

I am working with Ecru coloured thread on Jane's light grey/silver coloured linen and having difficulty in seeing the lines of the linen to make my stiches through. I am now trying using a dark underneath (my table) which helps, please does anyone have any other suggestions. Many thanks, Tina

Posted 11 years ago #
  2. Barbara Stone

When I was working on black, I kept a white handkerchief underneath to give something to see, so maybe the same applies when working on light fabric. Try putting a dark/black piece of material on your lap or the table, and work in a good light. Good luck. Let us know how you get on, cos we'd all love to see what you're doing.

Posted 11 years ago #
  3. Tina Lamborn

Thanks for the help Barbara, will give it a go. I always work in good light as the eyes are not as great as they used to be, unless of course, Robert Redford came into the room! This is a sampler I am working on, and the ecru are snowflakes, as I am also working on Jane's Garden Eden spot sampler maybe sometime before one or other is finished, but will let you see it when it is. Tina

Posted 11 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.