The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Calling All Local(ish) Ladies!

(17 posts)
  • Started 10 years ago by Nicola Fisher
  • Latest reply from Christine Berrett

No tags yet.

1. Nicola Fisher

Hello ladies

I live in Redbourn, Hertfordshire and I was wondering if any ladies in the local-ish area would be interested in getting together for a stitch and a natter every once in a while.

I'm not sure how regular it would be - I guess it would depend on everyone's distance and availability (I work full time so weekends tend to be better for me), but as I don't think I'll be able to get to any of the CSG Weekends any time soon I would really like to get to know the lovely, like-minded ladies in my area and I thought this might be the best way! it would be great to have some fellow stitchers to go to stitching shows with too.

So, let me know if you're around this way and you're interested - I've tried getting a group together before and it hasn't really happened (but that was before I joined the CSG), so it would be really great if this took off!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

:-)

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. Janet Nicholl

Good Luck - I have a group meet occasionally on a Sunday at mine in High Wycombe. All ladies met through CSG and within about an hours drive.
    I provide tea, coffee and cake and they bring their own lunch. Works well. Great day stitching and nattering!

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. Nicola Fisher

Sounds great Janet - maybe I should think of following the same kind of format!

x

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. Auntie Beryl

The "Northern branch " have similar system to Janet but we take turns to be the "hostess" .No set dates . just when one of the "gang" has a free day. It works well , and keeps us in touch .

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. What Beryl has forgotten to add is that when the Northern branch comes to me, they make a hell of a mess and I have to get the hoover out when they've gone. (She knows I love her really).

Posted 10 years ago #
  6. Nicola Fisher

Well it sounds like fun is had by all Brenda! x

Posted 10 years ago #
  7. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Oh yes, we have a great time at Brenda's :o)

And Auntie Beryl's, when we go there!!

Posted 10 years ago #
  8. Wish I lived near Aunty Beryl, Janet and Brenda...

Posted 10 years ago #
  9. carly

Hi Nicola,
    I live in Leighton Buzzard and I think I would be able to meet up on a weekend to stitch with you. I have tried to find groups in my area but nothing has ever come up so I hope we can work something out.

I think you need to go through Christine to get my private email address.
    Hope to hear from you soon one way or another.
    :-)

Posted 10 years ago #
  10. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Nicola, Carley - I can arrange for you to get in touch with each other if you wish. Just post a message here saying that is what you want.

Christine.

Posted 10 years ago #
  11. Brigitte Gant

Is that the Redbourn near Hemel Hempstead? That would not be too far away from where I live, which is the same place as Carly. I thought I was the only crazy CSG member in LB and now I find I have company. Where have you been hiding, Carly?

Posted 10 years ago #
  12. Nicola Fisher

Great to hear from you both ladies!

Christine - if you could arrange for Carly and I to get in touch that would be great.

Brigitte - yes, it is the Redbourn near Hemel Hempstead so not too far from you and Carly.

x

Posted 10 years ago #
  13. carly

I second that Christine!

Brigitte, I am based in Linslade but can be found regularly walking with a purple pushchair in the high street trying to get a nosy 6 month old to sleep.

Posted 10 years ago #
  14. Brigitte Gant

I shall keep my eyes peeled for a purple pushchair when I am in town. Until we moved to our retirement palace, I lived in Linslade, in the cottage with the balcony on the canal by the bridge - opposite top end of Tesco's car park. If you want Christine to give you my details or yours to me, we could meet up, if you like. You can bring the purple pushchair along, as you know, I am used to babies.

@Nicola: Looks like more CSG meetings are on the cards.

Posted 10 years ago #
  15. Nicola Fisher

Let's hope so Brigitte - I'm looking forward to it. If you'd like Christine to let me have your details too, hopefully we can get something sorted soon! x

Posted 10 years ago #
  16. Brigitte Gant

Yes, if Christine were to get a chance to send you my email address that would be a start to get to communicate. It is always nice to put a face to a name.

Posted 10 years ago #
  17. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Brigitte, Carly, Nicola, I have emailed you all with mutual contact details.

Christine

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.