No tags yet.

1. Tina Lamborn

At last,

A day when I could sit outside in the
    shade of a lovely tree and sew, bliss!

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

And doesn't it make a nice change to be able to do that!

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. Nicola Fisher

I actually got to sit in the garden and stitch yesterday, while my little man played in his sandpit - it was lovely!! :-)

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. How lovely that you have both been able to sit and stitch in the garden - I'm afraid I'd be torn two ways though as the urge to get gardening would be just as strong as picking up the stitching.

Love the idea of the sand pit for your little man Nicola - I could do with one of those but just a bit bigger. Could bury the old man in it when he drives me up the wall.............

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. Jean Strange

I spent a couple of lovely afternoons sat in the lovely warm awning outside my caravan stitching. Lots of lovely light and out of the breeze which would probably have blown my chart and threads around!

Posted 10 years ago #
  6. Nicola Fisher

It nice to see that at least some of us have managed to get out and stitch in the sunshine - I've heard it's going to rain again tomorrow! :-(

Posted 10 years ago #
  7. Tina Lamborn

Brenda, when you find that sandpit big enough please let me know where you found it!!!!

Posted 10 years ago #
  8. Barbara Stone

Same for me please Brenda. And who put the kybosh on the good weather? All that talk of stitching in the sunshine must have frightened it away, cos it has't stopped raining all day today. Shame. Oh well, it might be nice tomorrow, while I'm at work.

Posted 10 years ago #
  9. Desperately need the sandpit today. We collected the new car yesterday afternoon. I've been trusted to take it to Asda this morning but I've been lectured at til I could hit him on how I change gear and that I don't do it at the right time. I said to him 'How I managed to pass my test then I shall never know' and he said 'Well, you probably wouldn't today'.

Don't you just love these men! Fortunately for him I have quite an equable temperament so I just called him a Tosser and peace was restored.

Whilst in Asda I met a friend, who, after a nice chat, said she was off to the sweetie aisle to get some Smarties saying - with a guilty look - that she was addicted to them. I just laughed and picked up a bag of Jelly Babies from my trolley and told her they are my current 'sin' so if I was her I wouldn't worry.

I thought about the Jelly Babies on the way home though and of my conversation with Geoff about the car - maybe it's the biting off of the heads of the men jelly babies that gives me such pleasure................

Posted 10 years ago #
  10. Janet Nicholl

Naughty naughty Brenda!! But, know what you mean. I went to the hairdresser this morning and was asked to drop himself in the town on the way - I HATE having him in the passenger seat. It is MY car but of course I don't drive it in the correct way - economically, in the correct gear etc etc. (I have had the car 13 years)!!
    Tell me where to source that sand pit please!!
    At least he is currently sorting out his shed (one of them!) down the garden in the rain and I have peace indoors with no radio switched on to Radio 4 extra permanently. Grrrr........ Roll on Leeds. :-)

Posted 10 years ago #
  11. Barbara Stone

What is about men and their sheds? I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only person who has a husband who has more than one shed. When we moved in, he bought a massive one, and now complains constantly that he has no room to work in it - well he wouldn't cos he's filled it up with loads of rubbish, and he never throws anything away, then he built a smaller one to put gardening bits in, and he's now in the process of building yet another one! Oh well, they have to have some hobbies I suppose, as we've got our cross stitching to keep us occupied.

Posted 10 years ago #
  12. Brigitte Gant

The sheds are often my salvation, because DH disappears into them. When we moved here we had three sheds already and since then have acquired two more. Okay, so in one there is about 80% of the top half of the shed taken up by storing some of my stash and other personal bits. But the rest is taken up by motorbikes and tools.

Posted 10 years ago #
  13. Jean Strange

We have 2 sheds but neither are for working in both have tools and one has my big chest freezer in it. Jeff has a well equiped garage he works in. It has light, power and even an outside tap for water.

I am lucky in that he has hobbies that take him out for at least one morning each weekend. Clay pigeon shooting on Sunday AM and pheasant shooting a number of Saturdays in the season. Then there are working parties to improve facilities at the farm where the pheasant shoot is during the Spring and Summer until the shooting season starts. I did give in and go beating last year but proved the point that I can't do the job. I physically can't climb over the barbed wire fences and gates because of my back and knee problems, let alone being much shorter than all the other people who go beating. At one point the shoot captain had to lift a gate off it's hinges so that I could get back to the meeting point. I think that finally convinced them that I wasn't any good!! So until they put in the stiles they are talking about I am off the hook again!!

Posted 10 years ago #
  14. Okay ladies - I give in on the shed issue - but flippin' 'eck Brigitte - FIVE! We have only one - quite large, but still only one. I have offered to help Geoff many times to move a bed, armchair and telly in there but he's less than impressed with the idea.

As for you Janet Nicholl - oh, big hugs there girl; so pleased to know I am not the only woman who (supposedly) mistreats the gearbox.

When I was learning to drive (back in the dark ages and before I knew Geoff) my driving instructor used to tell me that I had a 'feel' for the engine 'cos I could do a hill start without resorting to brake or handbrake. Mind you, the lesson changed a bit at the end of the evening (I always had the last slot) 'cos I used to help Derek put the car away in the Driving School's lock up. It always took a long time from what I recall. Well, he was at least 6 foot and gorgeous..........

Posted 10 years ago #
  15. Barbara Stone

Do you think our husbands are related or is just a man thing? Mine also tells me that I mistreat the gear box, but as he can't even drive a manual car only an automatic, I don't know how he has the nerve to do so.

I desperately needed the sandpit this morning for various reasons. If he hadn't gone to visit his mother, he'd probably be in small pieces by now, so having been left on my own for a while, I now feel better, so he can come home and not be in danger.

Actually as we're thinking of moving, I'm going to leave the sheds to him to clear out. That ought to convince him he's got too much rubbish in them in nothing else does.

Posted 10 years ago #
  16. Tina Lamborn

No, its just a man thing. But is it a man thing to continually tell us ladies how to drive, etc. and wonder why we get upset at being told what to do and how to do it. Hoewver, in my case I find telling my hubby if he thinks my driving is so bad I am happy to stop the car and let him out and he can walk, then I am being childish!!!! But the best bit is when I get told that I tell him what to do when he is driving and I am a passenger, no way, as I ususally sit with my eyes closed and pretending to be deaf it just doesn't apply, that way I get home in relatively one piece!

Posted 10 years ago #
  17. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

I think you speak for many of us married ladies, Tina!

Posted 10 years ago #
  18. Brigitte Gant

I guess mostly I am lucky that DH falls asleep almost immediately as I get behind the wheel. However, if he is awake he will ask me frequently why I am going so slowly. The standard reply is, because we are in a 20 or 30 mph zone. Then I hear, yes, you are German and you read all the signs. True, but who is the one without speeding tickets?

Posted 10 years ago #
  19. Jean Strange

Well ladies still not much weather for stitching in the garden. If the sun is shining it's too windy here and not always that warm even if the sun is shining.
    Still been sitting watching the tennis (when it isn't raining) so not too bad. Been to visit Fiona to sit and stitch and watch tennis a couple of times too.
    I don't drive so don't have the problem about being told what to do or not do on that front. My bug bare is that my husband is quite tall compared with my 5ft nothing. He keeps saying the cupboards in the kitchen should have tall things at the back and small things at the front. I keep telling him they are organised with things I use often at the front so I can reach easily and things I don't use so often at the back as I have to get a stool or the steps to get at those things. Either that or I yell "can I borrow the crane please?" and make him come and get the things I can't reach. I think he is slowly getting the message.

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.